Sr. IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB TITLE: IT PMO PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: FRANKLIN LAKES, NJ 07417
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
PAY RATE: OPEN
* 5+ years of IT Project/Program Management experience in Infrastructure and Applications.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, IT or similar field of study / work experience, is required.
* Master's degree or MBA preferred.
* PMP/ PMP Certification is a plus.
* Familiarity with PMBOK.
* Experience in a regulated environment (FDA, HIPAA or Financial) a plus.
* ADVANCED SKILLS IN MS PROJECT 2013, OFFICE 2013, VISIO 2010, SHAREPOINT 2013,3PM (MS PROJECT SERVER), OUTLOOK, OFFICE 365.
* AN OVERALL GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF LARGE IT OPERATING ENVIRONMENTS. NETWORKS, DATA CENTERS, OFFICE 365, SDLC, RELEASE MANAGEMENT, CHANGE CONTROL, DESKTOP SUPPORT, SERVICE DESKS.
* Excellent organizational skills, project management and a strong understanding of how to manage change within a global culture.
* Expert level written communication skills.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Energetic, action-oriented, positive approach to problem solving and ability to balance multiple projects concurrently.
* Good workshop facilitation and presentation skills.
* Executive Presence
* Business Acumen
THE IT PMO PROJECT MANAGER will be responsible for managing various IT project assignments as approved by the Demand and Portfolio Management teams at BD. Project assignments may include infrastructure or applications focused projects. This position will be handling multiple projects with high visibility and will be reporting to the IT PMO Team Lead in Franklin Lakes NJ. The IT PMO Project Manager will be responsible for directing IT projects, including establishing project governance, communication, project monitoring & control as well as ensuring alignment with defined IT Compliance (Validation) and Quality Regulatory procedures. The IT PMO Project Manager will review and confirm project objectives, identify, assess & manage risks and issues, and align leadership support. Ability to be "agile" in their efforts is essential. This position will also command an excellent business and management background. This will help when pulling together the appropriate teams to support changes/projects and ultimately help drive the project through to fruition.
* Position is located in the BD Corporate Headquarters in Franklin Lakes, NJ.
* DOMESTIC TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED (LESS THAN 20%).
* 12 month contract.
* Provide Project Management for assigned IT projects (Applications and Infrastructure).
* Manage projects from inception to completion.
* Utilize processes and tools within the IT PMO to track project spend, including approved budgets, actuals and forecasts.
* Manage schedules, budget, resources and timelines surrounding multi-million dollar projects.
* Maintain senior leader / stakeholder alignment to IT projects.
* Responsible for compliance to applicable IT processes and procedures and ensuring that projects which include validated systems adhere to applicable system validation requirements.
* Align projects with Release cycle schedules. Has good understanding of Change Management.
* Maintain processes and tools within the IT PMO to track project status, including utilization of defined criteria to assess overall project health.
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise to collaborate with IT L2/L3 Leaders on processes and tools used for Program Portfolio Management and Project Execution.
* Facilitate meetings and coordinate resources to ensure successful projects.
* Develop, prioritize and track action items and issues, document all necessary items as needed.
* Create and maintain comprehensive project plans, showing tasks, resources, dependencies and status throughout the life of the project, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Track and follow up on deliverables, escalate to leadership as required.
* Maintain risk register.
* Track project interdependencies.