Sr. IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT PMO Project Managers are responsible for leading cross-functional strategic initiatives, programs, and projects. Project managers work closely with customers, sponsors, teams, and leaders across the company launching new products and services, leading large scale development, systems integration, business process development, and operational efficiency improvements. IT PMO project managers may also be asked to oversee and govern project portfolios for specific areas of IT, and to educate others. IT PMO Project Managers employ design thinking methods to engage with customers, sponsors, and teams, are versed in applying lean and agile principles to processes, teams, and outcomes.
* Manages all aspects of project life cycle, working with Information Technology (IT), IT Customers, Business Units, Partners and Global Business Centers (GBC). May include Vendor negotiations and management of contracts, resources, and services provided.
* Develops project charter, plan, resource plan, risk management and communication plans as well as related project management artifacts and periodic status reports.
* Develops and manages work and outcomes to deliver quantifiable business benefit, ensure commitments and business objectives are achieved.
* Chairs core team and steering team meetings to review progress with key constituents, raises awareness of issues to appropriate levels, proposes recommendations and adjustments and negotiates to resolutions.
* Communicates with varying audiences, at different levels within the organization and represents the program/project in various governance forums.
* Validates financial forecast and provides on-going tracking and reconciliation of resources and project related expenditures.
* Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsor and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
* Understands connections between project goals and corporate initiatives.
* Effectively navigates a global matrix organization and manage teams without a direct reporting relationship.
* Solid influencing skills to manage competing stakeholder needs.
* Sound business and technical acumen.
* Strong analytical and business process expertise in at least one functional business area such as Order Fulfill, Product Data, Manufacturing, Engineering, Human Resources, etc.
* Focused, motivated, versatile team player comfortable under pressure.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
* Excellent negotiation, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Flexible in applying the right tools, processes, and methods to best fit the team and the deliverables.
* Demonstrates ownership, commitment, and drive to meeting expectations and deliverables.
* Able to make solid business decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations.
* Bachelor's degree - PMP and/or Scrum Master certification preferred
* Knowledge of one of more Steelcase business processes
* Project Management experience required. May lead diverse and distributed global project teams
* Experience working in a matrixed organization supporting Agile, Scrum, DevOps teams preferred