Sr IT Quality Assurance Analyst (Bi - Lingual) 8/26/2016
TORCHMARK CORPORATION - United American
JOB DESCRIPTIONORGANIZATIONS ARE DEFINED BY THEIR VALUES. In business, the ability to translate principle into practice is the measure of success. In 1947, United American Insurance Company established an organization based on four core values: stability, service, quality, and commitment.
TODAY, UA CONTINUES TO EVOLVE BUT REMAINS DEFINED BY THESE PRINCIPLES SET YEARS AGO.
Headquartered in McKinney, Texas and licensed in 49 states including District of Columbia and Canada, United American Insurance Company is pleased to offer an opportunity for consideration as a SR IT QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (BI-LINGUAL).
This position will report to the IT Quality Assurance Manager, and will be assigned to 1 or more high-priority, enterprise-level development projects for client/server applications used by internal customers and/or the company's agent field force. The goal of this position is to provide an efficient and effective voice for the customer before the implementation of new applications or maintenance releases.
The IT Quality Assurance Analyst role is responsible for and involved in the following phases and activities in the software development life-cycle:
* QA Test Planning,
* QA test execution,
* coordination of user acceptance testing,
* post-implementation testing support activities
Candidates should have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly and have the versatility to move from product to product or application to application as needed.
* Development of test strategies, test plan creation, functional/regression/integration/performance test execution to include hands-on experience reviewing test documentation and test results
* Execute all functional/regression/integration/performance tests according to test plans and scripts, document results, and quickly identify and troubleshoot issues
* Key resource that is responsible for the validation of all End User documentation prior to delivery of the project
* Coordinate Defect/Issue Resolution among Developers, DBAs and other teams so that defects are resolved and reported to management on a recurring basis
* Manages project workloads, schedules, scope and deadlines to eliminate constraints and ensure that customer needs and project metrics are met
* Write SQL queries for testing and data mining purposes
* Develop application testing project plans, estimates, timelines and status reporting
* Participates in all phases of the Systems Development LifeCycle (SDLC) to determine level of testing needed prior to implementation of project deliverables
* Works with management to establish application testing goals, strategies and plans
* Take ownership of overall Quality Assurance success
* SEVEN (7) OR MORE YEARS OF RESPONSIBLE EXPERIENCE IN AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENVIRONMENT WHICH UTILIZES MULTIPLE SUBSYSTEMS, INCLUDING THREE (3) YEARS QA EXPERIENCE IN A LEAD ROLE
* Proficient with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF IT QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTING APPLICATIONS, METHODS AND METHODOLOGIES (E.G. WHITE VS. BLACK BOX TESTING, SYSTEM VS. FUNCTIONAL TESTING, REGRESSION TESTING, ETC)
* EXPERIENCE WITH AUTOMATED TESTING
* STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF INDUSTRY STANDARDS AS THEY RELATE TO TECHNICAL APPLICATION TESTING
* STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT LIFECYCLE AND THE IMPORTANCE OF TESTING IN THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
* WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND RAPIDLY TO MEET TIGHT DEADLINES
* Complexity/problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience with TFS, MTM and SCRUM/Agile a plus
Our employees are our greatest asset and maintaining good health is very important. In return for your dedication and commitment to the Company we offer a comprehensive benefits package to support your life and well-being. Retirement (401K plan), pension, medical, vacation and paid holidays are only a few of our rich benefit offerings.
**No Sponsorships or Work Visa's.**