Sr. IT Solutions Architect- TS SCI Required.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Annapolis Junction, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. IT Solutions Architect- TS/ SCI Required.Job ID:
Sr. Network/IT Solutions Architect Job Location:
Annapolis Junction, MD Job ID:
CN20162308-13713 Harris is seeking a senior Network/IT Solutions Architect to work as part of a Solutions Architect group. The successful candidate will interface with government and commercial customers to identify and understand their needs; assess and decompose requirements; develop and present design solutions and reference architectures; perform cost benefit analysis of selected design solutions; and document design solutions in proposals. As a technical expert, the Network/IT Solutions Architect will develop comprehensive innovative technology and solution roadmaps. This includes maintaining an understanding of key capabilities, offerings and talents that enable the roadmaps to meet customer and stakeholder needs. He/she will lead development efforts including direct technical contribution on contracts and IR&D efforts. In support of new opportunities, the Network/IT Architect will support Harris' business development process as a technical expert, be a technical advocate for contract R&D, and a solutions architect on major bids. She/he will further assist in operational evaluations to include configuring hardware processing systems and software components; evaluating potential customer solutions; researching cutting edge technology; performing product research and trade-off analysis, and managing the procurement, installation, configuration, and field testing of specialized enterprise systems. The Network/IT Solutions Architect will assist with the following tasks:* Understand and evaluate evolving customer requirements with ability to define architectures to meet desired technology end state.
* Develop network and IT architectures and design, install, test and maintain network and IT infrastructure, including security, hardware, processing systems, and software enterprise and specialized solutions.
* Provide technical leadership and develop solutions, supporting capture strategy and program definition for multiple pursuits.
* Develop strategic designs and architectures for defined enterprise network environments.
* Implement ITSM, Cyber Security/Information Assurance, and infrastructure integration and project management.
* Develop systems engineering plans and documents. Analyze network design, specifications, and related documents.
* Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization and security solutions.
* Implement communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment.
* Research cutting edge technology, perform product research and trade-off analysis, develop technology roadmaps and identify capability gaps. Introduce and integrate new network and telecommunications technologies.
* Communicate with the customer leadership and stakeholders. Qualifications:* Minimum of BA/BS in Networking, Information Technology or related field.
* 10 years of experience as a solution architect and network engineer or related experience.
* 10 years of experience in network/IT solutions, network design, development and analysis, routing and switching protocols, WAN technologies.
* 10 years of experience with requirements analysis and development of high-level system architectures such as DoDAF and SOA environments.
* 5+ years of experience with unified compute platforms and other OEM product offerings.
* 5+ years of experience developing technical documentation, system architecture and system design documents (System Engineering Management Plans and Systems Integration and Test Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications and Interface Control Documents)
* 5+ years of experienced with VMWare and virtual server platforms.
* An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required. Preferred Additional Skills:* ITIL Foundations Certification or above.
* Experience with integration of IT solutions including service management, email, and cyber.
* Experience with network and performance management tools, security tools and appliances, layer two technologies, wireless communications, cloud computing and telecommunication services and technology, is preferred.
* Knowledgeable in requirements analysis & high level system architecture such as DoDAF and SOA environments. Unified compute platforms, familiarity with OEM product offerings.
* Good inter-personal skills with the ability to interact with potential new customers and/or existing customers about their network/IT requirements.
* Have demonstrated ability in both oral and written persuasive communication of technical and business content.
* Be able to work as both a leader and/or a contributor to multifunctional teams in the development of business and technical solutions. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Network Engineering, --Network Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - MD - Annapolis Junction .