Sr. Info Systems Security Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/14/2017
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: San Diego, CA
Job Code: 3626
# of openings: Direct Unfunded or Contingent
Requisition Category:KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com) is seeking a full-time Sr. Info Systems Security Engineer I with at least 5 years experience for work in San Diego, CA. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!
Summary: In this position, you will be responsible for conducting Assessment & Authorization (A&A) efforts in support of the DoD and USN Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop Security Documentation to support the assessment and authorization (A&A) of DoD/USN systems and defined in the NIST SP 800-37.
* Develop Security Controls Matrix for various systems based on Impact Levels for Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability as identified in NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4 and CNSSI 1253 overlays as required (intelligence, CDS, classified).
* Conducting A&A Evaluations in accordance with various policy guides and Directives (i.e., Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) Certification & Accreditation guides; the NIST SP 800-37 Guide for the Security Certification and Accreditations of Federal Information Systems) to ensure systems meet/comply with all appropriate Information Assurance (IA) policies or processes.
* Conduct automated vulnerability scans against systems to identify vulnerabilities; must have experience using the Automated Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), NAVINTEL IA Security Scanner (SECSCN) and Windows Automated Security Scanning Program (WASSP). Must be able to interpret test results and provide mitigation if required.
* Manage and update plans of actions and milestones (POA&Ms) providing security guidance to system owners and stakeholders.
* Review and provide security related feedback on system change control requests (CCRs).
* Bachelor s degree in a related field.
* Five (5) years experience.
* Demonstrated understanding and experience with NIST SP 800 and FIPs 199 and 200.
* In-depth knowledge of existing IA automated scanning tools, computer operating systems, firewall and router concepts, security testing procedures, and information systems security standards in order to apply new developments to previously unsolvable problems.Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
* Ability to evaluate and analyze test reports and other IA required documentation to ensure compliance with IC, the agency and other organization standards as appropriate.
* Ability to remain current on new technologies and IC security related policies through research, conferences, IA related meetings and conferences.
* Ability to work independently, as required.
* Ability to meet tight schedules.
* Candidate must have a Secret Security Clearance.
* Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. citizens.
* TS/SCI Clearance.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, and walk. * Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
KAB Laboratories and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.