Sr. Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Cross Country Healthcare, Inc
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Cross Country Healthcare Inc. is one of the nation's largest and most experienced medical staffing companies, and leading provider of travel nurse staffing services. Cross Country has been in business since 1975 and the founders of the nurse traveling industry, total revenue of 646 million. Training Magazine has ranked us as one of the Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development.
This position will report to the Audit Manager or Director within the Internal Audit Department (IA). The Senior Auditor will be responsible for assisting in the planning, managing, and the conducting of audit reviews for assigned business units in addition to evaluating the risk levels, business activities, and management controls in those areas in accordance with accepted professional standards. This position is also responsible for the Accounting and Finance audit work plan related to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404. Work involves planning, preparing documentation, interviewing clients, designing test procedures, and executing and facilitating testing with other groups. This position will require strong analytical skills and thorough understanding of accounting concepts and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Working knowledge of all financial applications utilized throughout the organization is necessary. This position will supervise up to three permanent staff in addition to outside consultants as deemed necessary.
* Establish audit objectives and assist in the development of the audit program, including time estimates, plan of work and steps necessary to collect data and document findings.
* Develop audit tests that maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the audit process, ensuring a high-degree of assurance.
* Perform audits in accordance with professional and Company standards.
* Assist in ensuring adequate audit planning occurs to obtain an underlying understanding of the business process, ensuring a high-degree of assurance.
* Participate in planning special projects to meet the needs of management.
* Develop and execute Sarbanes-Oxley Accounting/Finance testing activities.
* Participate in coordinating and performing audit assignments, reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental operations, the adequacy of internal controls, and verifying compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
* Execute audit work to assess the adequacy of the Accounting/Finance control environment supporting the identified business processes and their related risks.
* Work collaboratively with IA management to ensure audit results (i.e. report) clearly communicate the identified risks/exposures and their identified root cause(s) to business unit and executive level management.
* Work collaboratively with business unit management when they are developing action plans to address identified risks/exposures by providing relevant and practical recommendations.
* Assist in the implementation and maintenance of audit productivity tools.
* Identify output, process measures, establish data collection plans, monitor process performance
* Assist in the implementation and use of data analysis tools (e.g. ACL, Microsoft Access/Excel) to support the overall internal audit function.
* Continuously enhance personal understanding of the Company s strategy, business model, and business processes.
* Oversee change initiatives to ensure that they occur by agreed to deliverable dates.
* Analyze audit test results and summarize qualitative findings in order to provide Senior Management with detailed recommendations.
* Review the reliability and integrity of Accounting/Finance processes and the internal control systems used to report such information.
* Review various internal controls established to ensure compliance with applicable policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations.
* Evaluate potential exposure or risk in various CCH Accounting/Finance operations.
* Review and analyze Accounting/Finance operations to determine if opportunities exist for integrating, reducing and/or improving current subsidiary processes.
* Analyze various financial reports to ensure data being utilized at the user level is timely and accurate.
* Follow-up on action plans for Accounting/Finance remediation items from audits to ensure timely implementation.
* Consistently monitor Accounting/Finance compliance issues and determine what intervention is needed to ensure that subsidiaries are in compliance with Corporate Policy and Procedures.
* Oversee work of permanent direct reports, and outside consultants, as needed.
* Participate in the selection, training, supervision, and performance management of direct reports.
* Technical expertise, objectivity, and unquestioned integrity are essential elements of this position.
* Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 in addition to proven aptitude of Accounting/Finance auditing principles and IIA principles.
* Demonstrate a practical knowledge or application of COSO.
* Organizational and time management skills a must.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with direct reports and various levels of business unit management.
* Excellent PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and familiarity with MS Project, Visio flowcharting and audit productivity software packages.
* Superior analytical skills and overall business acumen.
* Supervisory and leadership skills
* Ability to produce required quantity and quality work output while meeting deadlines.
* Ability to learn, retain and apply specific job knowledge and technology required for the job; and ability to transfer knowledge to direct reports.
* Ability to solve problems in a timely manner, using research and reasoning to develop solutions.
* Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise, manner to a financial and non-financial audience.
* Ability to effectively manage all work and performance standards of direct reports.
* Excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Demonstrates initiative; creates innovative solutions.
* Demonstrates company loyalty by supporting Company/Departmental goals and ensures employee adherence to policies and procedures.
* Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) in accounting, finance, or business administration required.
* 5-10 years of experience in auditing internal control environments and activities (Operational and/or Financial Auditing).
* Professional designations CIA or CPA required, others, such as CISA, CFE and CMA are preferred.
* Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and Great Plains financial systems is preferred.
Cross Country Health Care offer a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical plan, Dental plan, Life insurance, Disability plan, 401K plan and Tuition Assistance
Cross Country HealthCare is an EEO employer - M/F/ Veteran/Disability
Boca Raton, Florida, United States