Sr. Internal Auditor # 080177
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
SR. INTERNAL AUDITOR # 080177
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Financial Audit Managers are responsible for planning, performing and reporting the results of product-line and functional audits using the Internal Audit team s risk based audit approach. Work is performed under the direction of Heads of Audit, often in other IA locations, with close collaboration with other audit team members, including IT audit, as part of an integrated audit approach, and would typically involve managing multiple audit projects concurrently.
The role involves:
* Comprehensive risk assessment and engagement planning. This entails:
* The identification and assessment of risks (including understanding the manner in which such risks are controlled and the audit approach required to ensure controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively); and
* Reviewing documentation (work papers, planning documentation) that reflects the aforementioned information and assessments.
* Overseeing the quality of audit work. This encompasses the execution of the planned approach for the audit in a team-based environment, interacting closely with various levels of staff and management throughout the Bank. For product-line audits, work typically encompasses a review of controls within the Front Office and the procedures performed by the Bank s various Middle and Back Office departments to control and/or support the business subject to audit. Functional audits entail separate review of a Middle or Back Office department that supports multiple businesses to gain assurance that controls that transcend such businesses operate effectively. Audit also periodically conducts thematic regional or global reviews to address key risk areas, which include special reviews mandated by the Audit Committee and/or Executive Board.
* Developing, presenting and finalizing audit reports. This process entails the initial drafting of the report, discussion with management to confirm the factual accuracy and clearance and coordination with Management to obtain written responses to Audit s recommendations.
* Mentoring new hires to aid in their acclimation to the Bank and the manner in which the Department operates.
* Participating in the recruitment of other audit staff.
* Contributing to and championing remote audit best practices.
* Supervising less experienced Auditors on multiple auditor assignments.
* Performing administrative duties as it relates to key responsibilities and participating in special projects as delegated by Department Management.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with Bank Staff and Management to facilitate proactive assessment of the Bank s risk profile and career development.
* Assessing personal development needs (e.g., training) in conjunction with Department Management.
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related areas (MBA or equivalent a plus).
* At least 8 years of related work experience; financial services experience preferred, but not required.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or internationally recognized Chartered Accountant (CA) designations and/or Series 7 certifications preferred, but not required.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Outstanding organizational, time and project management skills.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
* Willingness to travel (estimated at 10-15% annually).
* Highly motivated, pro-active and results-oriented professional.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.