Sr. Investor Accountant 9/1/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Perform a variety of duties pertaining to financial reporting and remittance. Manage approximately 150 investor portfolios and investor relationships. Conduct complex analysis and research, formulate corrective strategies and document routine post mortem reviews on new investor relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Prepare monthly reporting schedules and remittance requirements for investor portfolios in accordance with contractual terms and conditions.
* Review, assess and communicate Agency guideline changes and complete impact analysis including required changes to existing procedures.
* Lead monthly calls with Investors, Master Servicers and Third Party Vendors to ensure consistent service level agreements and address issues
* Perform root cause analysis on aged reconciling items and complete required remediation including identifying other business owners required remediation and required changes in process to avoid recurrence
* Prepare daily, weekly or monthly reporting schedules and remittance requirements for investor portfolios in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
* Prepare accrual journal entries
* Prepare billable schedules for advances and servicing revenue
* Respond to inquiries in connection with internal and external reviews and prepare responses
* Support training initiatives for other members of the team
* Recommend decisions that have a direct impact on activities and controls of the department.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* Bachelor s degree in finance/accounting plus two (2) years of experience as an Investor Accountant or a High School diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years of experience in mortgage servicing investor accounting with at least two (2) of those years functioning as an Investor Accountant required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
* Knowledge of mortgage banking and Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) guidelines preferred
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Proficiency with Mortgage Servicing Platforms (e.g. Black Knight, LPS, etc.) preferred
* 8:30 am 5:00 pm M-F
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status