Sr Java Developer (Application Support) 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for SR JAVA DEVELOPER Location - GAITHERSBURG, MD - FULL TIME Position.
JOB TITLE: SR JAVA DEVELOPER (APPLICATION SUPPORT)
LOCATION: GAITHERSBURG, MD
DURATION: FULL TIME
MANDATORY TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
* 7+ years of experience in: J2EE, REST Webservices, Spring, Struts, EJB, Apache Camel, Neo4J, Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX, Open JPA, WebSphere Application Server
* Working knowledge of, GitHub (Source Code Management, equivalent to Rational ClearCase), Ant, Maven
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
* Is part of rotation for 24x7 on call
* Incident management, Problem management, change management using BMC Remedy tool.
* Modifies and maintains existing systems to address changes in business processes.
* Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of business systems to meet current and future user requirements.
* Provides estimates of work effort for client projects
* Meeting the Service levels for resolution of reported application issues.
* Functions as a technical resource for other team members
* Assists QA team with questions and test cases
* Develops System documentation and provide assistance with user documentation
* Conducts Code Reviews for all other developers on the team
* Makes technical and architectural decisions regarding the application
* Answers questions from the business as well as provide adhoc queries when requested
* Technical team management experience including offshore team members
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
* J2EE, REST Webservices, Spring, Struts, EJB, Apache Camel, Neo4J, Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX, Open JPA, WebSphere Application Server,
* Operations and Integration
* Time Management
* Multi-tasking Ability
* Analytical Ability
* Communications (Listening, Persuasiveness, Oral, Written)
* Leadership (Impact, Involvement, Change Management)
* At least 6-7 years full systems life cycle experience including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, requirements specifications, detail design, program specifications, coding and unit/system testing.
* Strong technical knowledge within specialty.