Sr. Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Sr. Java Developer - Full Time
Location: Glenview, IL
Duration: Full Time
Senior Java Application Developer
Seeking a Senior Java developer with strong technical and analytical skills. This person must have solid experience leading a team to develop, implement, and maintain Java based components and interfaces. Able to provide 24/7 support for Sales systems, maintain existing web-based production applications residing on a WebSphere Application Server, develop new applications according to business needs.
* Working with business analysts and analyzing user requirements, define site objectives, envisioning system features and functionality.
* Design and develop user interfaces; set expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determine design methodologies and tool sets.
* Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
* Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; creating technical specifications; coding functional components; conducting code reviews; creating automated test procedures to guarantee minimal regression defects.
* Develop and maintain native SQL stored procedures in DB2.
* Provide feedback for estimating and planning development iterations.
* Work with technical architects to ensure applications adhere to proposed architectural standards.
* Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* Current experience with Java frameworks (Spring 3.x, JSF 2.x, ICEFaces 3.x, JUnit 4.x, Maven 3.x)
* Domain modeling experience
* Experience with agile development methodology
* Knowledge of order entry systems is a plus