Sr. Java Developer 8/30/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to work in our Memphis, TN (38120) office.
ECS is seeking a Sr. Java Developer.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with competitive salary and great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work with a team and individually, and are able to bring innovative solutions and ideas, then this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and / or responsibilities:
* Mentor and lead Java development team in the areas of new and emerging technologies, best practices and system architecture.
* Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
* Design, develop and implement highly complex applications utilizing Oracle and Java technologies.
* Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems across a large enterprise.
* Demonstrate a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
* Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing to design efficient and effective applications.
* Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Develop and revise Java source code based on clearly defined requirements.
* Participate in code reviews for team members as well as yourself.
* Assist in the setup of production environments including application servers and database structure.
* Assist in the implementation of applications through various testing phases and into production environments.
* Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
* Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
* Assist QA teams with writing test scripts and explaining functionality.
* Assist / mentor Dev team with Unit Testing and best practices.
* BS in Computer Science or related field of study
* 6 Years Min. experience in JAVA development
* 6 Years Min. experience in Oracle PL/SQL performing software engineering activities
* Experience with code versioning tools, such as SVN/GIT
* Experience in the following areas: HTML and XML and CSS
* Experience creating web services (REST and SOAP)
* Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
* 3 years of progressively more complex programming experience in large scale information system environments.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Must be US citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
* Java 1.7+
* Tomcat Application Server
* WebSphere Application Server
* Spring MVC 3 or 4
* Hibernate ORM
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.