Sr. Java Developer (3922) 8/24/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: Software Engineer
Career Level: Associate IV
Department: Oracle COE
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Java Developer's role is to analyze, design and develop solutions to complex business and technical problems. This position requires strong coding and design competencies in Oracle Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) suite. The Senior Java Developer will work closely with Functional Analysts, Project Managers, Software Architects and the Operations group. The Senior Java Developer will develop and maintain custom Java classes. These classes contain complicated business logic and interface with a relational database using Hibernate. The position requires an intermediate level of competency with SOA/BPEL/ESB technologies in addition to a strong proficiency in SQL.
Role typically requires over 8 years of experience.
* Hands-on experience customizing Oracle s CC&B suite using the OUAF. Hands-on experience customizing BOs, writing OUAF Algorithms, Plug-in Scripts and XAI services.
* Maintain, enhance and optimize the complicated business logic embedded in Java using Hibernate/HQL
* Optimize Java-based batch jobs using strong knowledge of JPA, Hibernate/HQL, multithreading and optimal heap management techniques
* Write, review and optimize SQL queries
* Work with the support team and the operations team to identify components within a large distributed system that require excessive manual intervention. Recommend programmatic fixes that minimize the system s TCO.
* Write and review technical design documents
* Maintain JUnit tests. Write JUnit tests. Apply relevant ideas introduced by TDD methodologies to the existing software development process
* Use GoF design patterns when designing, developing and reviewing all code
* Actively work with Function Analysts to diagnose business problems and determine the LOE required to design and develop the solution
* Consult with end users on business needs, translate business needs into software requirements, and interface with IT, consultants and end users to ensure successful delivery of software solution. Ensure that all projects and tasks are delivered to specification and meet business requirements.
* Other duties as assigned to include: Documentation, team meetings, project work as assigned and other administrative tasks.
* Oracle Utilities Application Framework: XAI, BO/MO, Plugin Scripts, Zones, Portals
* Java, Hibernate, SQL
* Experience working in distributed environments with SOA
* XPath, XLST
Does not supervise others.
Roles at this level require industry specific experience. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With 5+ years of relevant experience.
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but not frequently.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on significant past experience to perform role. Proficient in the body of knowledge of given discipline or specialty area. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.