Sr. Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world.
Sr. Java Developer -
Education & Experience
BS Degree in Computer Science or related field & minimum of 8 years of overall experience or equivalent
We are looking for a full stack Java developer with hands on experience building dynamic web applications on a Java technology stack. Candidate must be able to provide task-level estimates, actively participate in project events, provide alternative delivery options, communicate issues and impediments to appropriate management personnel, and make commitments to the rest of the team regarding task completion. Must actively support and contribute to the Agile practices adopted by the development team.
Candidates must have at least 5 years total Java experience; strong analytical skills; The Strongest candidates will be:
* Extensive experience with CSS/SASS/Less and CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
* Translate application user stories and use cases into functional applications
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
* Research new Java-based frameworks, techniques and tools
* Communicate effectively with multiple teams and team members, as well as with OIT resources, stakeholders, and end users.
* Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
* Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
* Hands-on experience in:
o Spring framework,
o Data access layer using iBatis or Hibernate
o Oracle SQL
* Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
* Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
* Implementing unit tests (i.e. Junit, Karma)
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Familiar with continuous integration
* Familiar with 508 compliance
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50793478.jpg