Sr. Java Developer (Trading and Settlement) 8/31/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
JOB TITLE: SR. JAVA DEVELOPER
LOCATION: MIDTOWN, NYC
PAY RATE: OPEN
Developer for Settlement/clearing of trades. Requires face to face interview.
MUST HAVES ARE:
* SSIS / ETL
* Broadridge - BPS OR ICI Impact (but if they don't' have this but have a lot of settlement/clearing, let me know)
* SQL Server
Our client, a major international investment bank in NYC is looking for a consultant who is a Sr. ETL /Java Developer with strong SSIS. The department team manages a combination of custom developed tools and vendor solutions. The candidate will be developing and enhancing applications used globally.
THE DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Development for settlement and reporting throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation, and support.
* SSIS Development with SQL Server and Java
* Design and develop ETL components in SSIS to build a data warehouse.
* Be a champion for software testing, maintainable code and best practices
* Perform all application unit and system testing
* Comply with the standard release cycle and deployment controls
* Support users as required
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
* 7+ years of solid application development experience developing Java/ETL applications using SSIS with proven experience working globally with distributed software team working on end-to-end development.
* SQL experience with development of loaders, batch jobs, feeds,
reports, scheduling AutoSys jobs, creating ftp jobs, writing database stored procedures, triggers, views etc.
* Good knowledge of test driven development and experience using Agile development practices.
* Experience working with Broadridge BPS or ICI Impact.
* Business facing skills and previous experience dealing with Front Office
* Excellent interpersonal skills along with planning and prioritization skills to ensure clarity of communication to users and technology colleagues.
* Handle production issues/fixes, enhancement and testing the application.
* BS in computer science or related field