Sr. Java Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Your goal is to imagine, build and launch products that impact how educational institutions select students and how students make higher educational selections.
Organization: Outcomes Team
Chegg is already a leader in physical and digital textbook rentals, learning services, and online educational assistance. Now Chegg wants to change the landscape of how students approach and select colleges, succeed at college, and start their careers. We plan to do this through radical transparency using data science, by building products that deeply engage students to help them discover options available to them, and creating products for them and other stakeholders to make the right decisions that will pay off now and in the long term.
* Work on a cross functional team of data scientists, product leaders, content producers, and quality engineers.
* Provide architectural and code quality leadership
* Build solutions that help students discover both colleges and careers that align with their ambitions and needs
* Strong software architecture fundamentals with a systems perspective
* 7 years + experience
* Worked in a service, component, or modular system environment (i.e. REST, Micro services, SOA, OSGi) and understand how to create solutions within such an architecture
* Have successfully guided refactoring plans to new architectures
* Worked in a polyglot stack
* Customer facing applications
* Experience working in a distributed team
* Deep experience with various data stores and data access patterns
* Familiar with AWS ecosystem of services and how to architect systems leveraging it
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG and has 900+ employees with offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Portland, New York, India, Berlin, Israel, and Ukraine and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
LIFE AT CHEGG: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH*V=YYHNKWID7OO
CHEGG BENEFITS: HTTP://WWW.CHEGG.COM/JOBS/BENEFITS
CHEGG FOR GOOD: HTTP://BLOG.CHEGG.COM/CATEGORY/CHEGG-FOR-GOOD/
GLASSDOOR BEST PLACES TO WORK 2015: HTTP://BIT.LY/GDBPTW
CHEGG UX DESIGN PAGE: HTTP://WWW.CHEGGUX.COM/
For more information, visit WWW.CHEGG.COM
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1942