Sr. Java / Front-End Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Java / Front-End Engineer
Our client, a dynamic, growing organization is looking for a Sr. Java / Front-End Engineer to join their team in Redwood City, CA as a full-time employee. As a Sr. Java / Front-End Engineer, you will work on a very unique platform, combining service-oriented platform services with sophisticated user experiences, all enabled through a best-in-class (and fun to use!) automated development infrastructure You will be responsible for creating and influencing innovative solutions that meet not only functional, but also performance, scalability and reliability requirements. 60% of your time will be front-end and 40% back-end development. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who loves ownership and responsibility while working in a collaborative and interdependent team environment. You will work with multiple teams of engineers to design, develop, and test major software and systems components using an Agile, vertical-slice based methodology. In this role, you will work with the product owner to create version plans, negotiate schedules and define user story acceptance criteria. In addition, you will work with QA to ensure product meets high quality standards. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including great benefits and perks!
* BA/BSdegree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience. MS degree is preferred.
* 8+ years of development experience in Core Java ( using OO Design and Analysis, Design Patterns, etc. ).
* Experience building highly scalable and reliable Restful Web Services using Spring, Jersey, etc.
* Experience with Test Driven Development using TestNG / JUnit testing frameworks.
* Experience working with version control like GIT / Subversion.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well.
* Pluses: Experience with relational DBs like MySQL and NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Solr / Lucene; Experience with Tomcat, Jax-RS, REST, JPA, IntelliJ, Groovy, Hibernate; Experience with build technologies like Gradle, Jenkins; Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.