Sr Java J2EE Developer (CTH)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR JAVA J2EE DEVELOPER
PHONE & SKYPE FOR NON-LOCALS WHO ARE GREAT MATCH
TEST DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT / TEST FIRST EXPERIENCE
Strong communication skills
To create and maintain design specifications and programming and testing of Oracle and J2EE system components as well as provide technical support to users and peers.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes, designs, prepares technical specifications, and programs new system components or fixes to resolve system defects in conformance with object oriented design concepts and open standards.
2. Reads and understands business requirements, seeks clarification to unclear requirements, follows standard change control, and configuration management practices and conforms to departmental application development standards and systems life cycle.
3. Incorporates source code reuse wherever possible.
4. Sets up and executes component tests as well as tracks and documents system defects.
5. Participates in software design and programming reviews.
6. Recommends improvements to design and programming standards, procedures, and guidelines.
7. Prepares and submits project reports and assists with project estimates.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires a bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field and three years' related work experience in applications design and programming. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
POSITION REQUIRES :
Advanced knowledge of UML and distribution and data exchange technologies (XML, web services, etc.); relational database concepts, SQL, and procedural languages; object oriented design; Enterprise, distributed computing and WEB-based computing methods; and design patterns; Junior to Moderate level Weblogic, Java and J2EE development skills; including recent experience with Oracle Weblogic 8.1 and/or greater; general understanding of Java APIs and J2EE web components and containers; experience with TDD implemented with JUnit, mock objects and test suites; experience with iterative software development practices, recent Oracle SQL, Extensible Markup Language (XML) development, Object-oriented and Service-oriented design, including knowledge of data transfer objects and associated design patterns; ability to analyze and resolve complex problems; use independent judgement and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.