Sr./Lead Engineer (Alternative Energy)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SR./LEAD ENGINEER (ALTERNATIVE ENERGY)
JOB ID 20162762 DATE POSTED 08/09/2016 Description
National Grid s New Energy Solutions (NES) has been recently established to develop and launch agile, transformative, and innovative energy solutions; moving towards the goal of a customer-centric, 21st century utility. Our team culture is self-directed and empowered, and provides NES team members the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, with start-to-finish project ownership, and participation in transformational industry change. We are proud of how we develop these solutions; embracing and integrating new energy and customer enabling technologies. NES unlocks value for National Grid s customers and communities and accelerates progress towards a sustainable future.
About the Position:
This role will be responsible for the creation and implementation of innovative strategies for the Company s various renewable programs (Solar, Energy Storage, Energy Efficiency, Demand Response and Non-Wire Alternatives) across all jurisdictions.
Implementation includes leading regulatory filings and testimony to meet increasing customer expectations for renewable programs from its Utility. Desired candidates will be self-starters and expected to collaborate, mentor, and learn from the large group.
This position will also include tasks such as: creation of RFP s, evaluation of bids, drafting contracts, design and engineering review, and collaborating with numerous departments across the company. The position will also assist in developing strategies and technologies for energy efficiency, renewable energy and the integration of these two fields.
* Leading multiple different solar/energy storage demonstrations at once. Collaborating with internal and external parties to accomplish overarching New Energy Solutions (NES) goals.
* Work to integrate multiple renewable solutions into a cohesive program
* Explore how renewables can be part of complex Transmission solutions
* Help to develop Non-Wires and Demand Response solutions using renewables
* Be a Company ambassador about renewable to outside organizations including working with local schools and university to promote STEM
* Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the business by staying abreast of industry trends, and learning and sharing best practices.
* Facilitate and lead National Grid solar outreach events and continuing education initiatives for renewable resources.
* Perform site visits when necessary for visual inspections, installation verification, or contractor support and management during various stages of construction.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelors degree in Engineering is required. Advanced Degree preferred
* PE or in the process of obtaining a PE license is desired
* 5-10 years of experience in associated fields required
* Must be a self-starter, creative and able to lead large project teams
* Technical and construction knowledge with the design, permitting, construction management of renewable energy projects, and other renewable energy systems, including the business and societal drivers for their implementation is desired.
* Must have a proficient understanding of renewable generations, industry standards, safety standards, and current design codes and be willing to work with subject-matter experts when necessary.
* Understanding of wholesale and retail markets for energy, capacity, and renewable energy certificates is desirable.
* Must have the ability to draft contracts, filings, and RFPs; interfacing with National Grid rates, legal and other departments.
* Experience working independently on multiple simultaneous initiatives, including customer facing initiatives.
* Knowledge of energy efficiency, demand response and price response programs
* Ability to gain knowledge of how both residential and business customers utilize energy and the technologies/techniques available to help them manage and control their energy use.
* Possess valid driver's license with safe driving record.
* Ability to work off-hours and must be willing to travel outside the division for storm related assignments.
* Strong computer skills including the following: IE, Adobe, Lync, Outlook and office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and access)
* Strong leadership skills and the vision to strategically direct resources creatively in order to achieve established goals/objectives. This includes the ability to react quickly to the changing market conditions in a highly complex and dynamic marketplace.
* Must possess time management, leadership and team building skills. Must also have a demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner and support a team to achieve established goals and objectives.
* Must possess good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, and a familiarity with the necessary interdepartmental interfaces, to ensure that strong working relationships are cultivated and maintained throughout the organization. In addition, must possess the ability to develop and deliver an informative and effective presentation to internal and external customers, management, vendors, and regulators.
*Must possess a remarkable commitment to customer satisfaction.
:Electric Systems Eng
:Aug 9, 2016, 7:44:32 AM