Sr Linux Systems Administrator 9/10/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
The Sr Staff IT Linux Systems Specialist is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance/support of ARRIS Linux- and Solaris-based enterprise infrastructure to ensure overall availability and reliability. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: management and support of VMware virtualized environments, performance monitoring & analysis, network configuration, project management, troubleshooting, planning and forecasting. This position will also assist in the management and support of ARRIS Enterprise Storage environments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities (in decreasing Critical Emphasis order)
1. Implement, manage and maintain ARRIS Linux- and Solaris-based enterprise infrastructure supporting critical business systems.
2. Implement, manage and maintain storage solutions (i.e. SAN & NAS) for Linux and VMware environments.
3. Identify and investigate complex system malfunctions: isolate causes of errors due to servers, desktops/laptops, storage, network, cabling, etc, work with vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
4. Monitor usage, capacity and performance of systems, liaise with users and vendors to address problems and changes in requirements.
5. Maintain system documentation including licensing, hardware and software inventory, security data, user manuals, Visio-style layouts, etc.
6. Plan and implement upgrades to IT systems, install and configure hardware and software.
7. Ensure systems are properly backed-up, define and implement backup procedures for disaster recovery purposes.
8. Provide technical guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
9. Exercise effective leadership and professionalism at all times.
10. Perform other/additional duties and projects as assigned.
You must have 6 years minimum of Unix Systems Administration plus 3 years VMware plus 3 years scripting.
Technical: Linux (UNIX) Administration, Bash/ksh/Perl Scripting, VMware vSphere Administration, Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), Backup and Recovery methods, proficient with MS Office applications.
Non-technical: Good team player who is customer-service oriented, works well any time of the day, well organized, strong oral and written communication skills, able to develop project plans and manage accordingly, able to work with a culturally diverse user-base.
Additional Experience: 10 years administering Linux/Solaris/HP-UX/AIX systems in a mission-critical environment, 7 years Red Hat Linux Administration, 3 years managing VMware ESI/ESXi or vSphere environments, 7 years Bash/ksh/Perl Scripting
Preferred Experience: 10 years administering Red Hat Linux and/or Solaris/HP-UX/AIX in a mission-critical environment, 3 years administering Solaris 9/10/11 (including LDOMs/Zones), 10 years scripting (Bash/ksh/Perl), 5 years managing VMware ESX/ESXi or vSphere environments, NAS/SAN storage experience a plus (NetApp preferred), Identity Management/LDAP a plus, Systems Management (eg, Red Hat Satellite, Puppet, Chef) a plus, CommVault experience a plus.
Relo not provided for this position.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.