Sr. MRO Indirect / Sourcing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMohawk is a Fortune 300 company, the largest flooring manufacturer in the world. While our product quality and excellence are award winning finished products, our people are the foundation. Mohawk has a rich history of rewarding talent. The culture is founded on professional development, allowing people to take calculated risks to better the company under the guidance of very engaged executive leadership. This position is highly impactful.
Mohawk Industries seeks a purchasing professional to lead the indirect procurement function for parts, materials, equipment, supplies, services and capital spending.
The position drives efficiencies in the department through processes that optimize operations, analyzes market conditions to ensure material availability and develops supply gap closure plans,.
Evaluates and improves sourcing strategies
Tracks supplier performance through scorecards
Delivers on aggressive year-over-year cost performance goals and other KPIs and oversees the indirect purchasing process from new supplier on-boarding, relationship management and supplier exit.
The Senior Manager will also help design and implement the procurement module of the company's new SAP system.
Through your valuable skills and key contributions, you can become a respected leader of a dedicated team that delivers meaningful results for the company.
The Senior Sourcing Manager position requires a Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, operations management or engineering and seven or more years of relevant professional experience (preferably indirect) in a complex manufacturing organization including five + years managing a staff of professionals and purchasing assistants. Flooring/Textile experience is a plus as is Operations and Engineering disciplines. Other qualifications:
* Strong knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices, contract negotiation, compliance, related laws and regulations;
* Skilled at building roadmaps for the best method to source localized spends. Examples include punch out website ordering, B2B, p-card, purchase orders, item master integrity, parts vending machines. Compliance reporting. Deep relationship building with all levels or Operations.
* Experience growing the scope of indirect responsibility with a strong track record.
* Strengths in leadership, people management/team building, executive interaction, supplier relationships, category management, negotiation, problem solving, project management, analytical skills, drive for results, strategic planning and execution, customer service, attention to detail.
* NAPM or CPM, Six Sigma, TQM, TCO, Lean and Continuous Improvement methodologies desired.
* Willingness to roll up the sleeves to get the job done.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements.
Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)