Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for Sr. MAINFRAME PROGRAMMER ANALYST for our client in ATLANTA, GA
JOB TITLE: SR. MAINFRAME PROGRAMMER ANALYST
JOB LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* The selected candidate will provide design, performance recommendations, MF coding and JCL knowledge to maintain specific software upgrades including (Code1-Plus and Mailstream).
* Analysis and design of application enhancements and report layouts.
* Conversion of customer needs into logical flowcharts for coding into computer language.
* Creating and modifying JCL, DB2 tables and documentation.
* The resource must have multiple years of experience and show evidence of completed projects using COBOL and DB2 to allow quick production fixes and timely enhancements.
* The resource must be willing to provide on call coverage for batch processes
* Works effectively with customers to learn specific design requirements and perform analysis and design of computer applications
* Assists in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems
* Acts as a technical liaison between information technology staff and internal and external customers
* Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively
* Analyzes, interprets and presents technology solutions to prepare design specifications in a technically acceptable and cost-effective manner
* Designs effective information technology subsystems and develops appropriate programs
* Conducts analyses, interprets research findings, conceives a variety of solutions to functional problems, and reduces abstract ideas to easily understood procedures
* Maintains information technology systems using COBOL, DB2, VSAM and JCL in the Z/OS operating system
* Develops logical code for efficient program execution
* Produces written technical documentation
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field
* Three years of programming experience
* Knowledge of COBOL, DB2, JCL, Utilities, and DEBUG
* Ability to think analytically
* Ability to work independently