Sr. Manager, Acute Clinical Affairs - San Antonio, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONEvery day, Getinge Group products contribute to saving lives and ensuring excellent care. All across the world, our people make a huge difference for patients, healthcare professionals and societies. And we are immensely proud of that.
The Patient and Post-Acute Care business category is responsible for a portfolio with current annual turnover exceeding 7 Billion SEK. We want to be the globally leading provider of healthcare solutions for people affected by reduced mobility. Our products and solutions are sold worldwide and our organization is currently based in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
In this position is part of the Strategic Marketing team of the Patient and Post-Acute Care (PPAC) Business Unit. Responsible for Clinical Affairs, the part of the portfolio addressing the hospital segment which plays an instrumental role in supporting the profitable development of the PPAC product and service portfolio covering patient handling and mobility solutions, pressure ulcers prevention and VTE prevention solutions
Main responsibilities and tasks will be:
* Manage and develop the business strategy for hospital products and solutions, focusing on the clinical aspects in collaboration with colleagues in Strategic Marketing. Sets the strategic direction and owns clinical evaluations and clinical investigations.
* Identify customer profiles and customer value proposition from a clinical and economical perspective via customer insights, literature research, as well as from available data bases.
* Collaborate with Health Economics & Marketing staff across the PPAC category and in adjacent Business Categories to understand clinical trends and assess viable products/programs/solutions
* Understand in-depth the relevant and commercially addressable clinical challenges of the Hospital Segment including customer behaviors, key needs, financial trends, main competitors, etc.
* Interpret, disseminate and communicate results of clinical investigations and research to support customer value proposition
* Conduct and coordinate customer research, market research, concept evaluations from a clinical perspective etc. and from this distill strategic plans
* Manage the global relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, and key customers on different levels.
* Clinical Investigation - manage the process (including research contracts and protocols) to build and communicate clinical and economical evidence, including project planning, budget, process and resource management.
* Provide analysis on next generation technologies in terms of their clinical fit to the overall business strategy.
* Develop clinical training and act as a clinical expert.
The position is ideally based in San Antonio, TX. Due to global scope, expect average 40%international travel, on an annual basis.
The ideal candidate
As ideal for the position you have minimum 4-8 years of progressive experience working on a strategic level with global upstream marketing and clinical affairs in a relevant med-tech company. You have an in-depth understanding of the Acute Care segment from multiple markets, ideally in a role with a truly global scope. Has a relevant clinical background coupled with a Masters level degree in health care.
Key characteristics include:
* Critical care nurse, Physio therapist, Respiratory therapist or higher medically-related professional qualification
* Master degree in Health Care
* Experience with clinical affairs management for medical devices
* Proven authoring, analytical and presentation skills
* Experienced communicator
* Good project management and time management skills
* Clinical research management knowledge.
* A proven track record of successfully developing and implementing clinical strategies
* Experience and proven success implementing new, innovative products and solutions in the Health Care setting requiring behavior change in clinical practice, market development and market access.
* Demonstrated strong ability to blend the clinical and health care with the commercial needs to develop cutting edge positioning strategies.
* Excellent leadership and communications skills that enable you to work effectively in a matrix environment.
* Able to communicate complex issues in an understandable way and thereby act as a segment champion across the organization.
* High degree of creativity and intelligence that supports effective distillation of complex problems and generation of innovative solutions in a fast-paced global environment.
Getinge Group is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability