Sr. Manager Business Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004081
The Sr Manager Business Systems is responsible for day-to-day management of a specific IT. Manages the performance and develops the feedback of the members of their team, including following through on annual performance review. Participates in evaluation and prioritization of customer/user requests. Serves as the champion for the Business Analyst role as the overall SDLC process matures. Assesses, develops and acquires talent. Assigns projects and work assignments to team members and directs activities, providing functional guidance. Ensures team assignments are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management. Participates in process improvement and cross-departmental IT initiatives.
* Manages a functional team in one or more sites. Works to develop employee s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues. Conducts performance reviews and participates in calibration sessions.
* Develops and manages resourcing forecasts to address project needs.
* Works with departmental leadership to develop and implement strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management. Develops annual initiatives and specific deliverables for their team.
* Participates in special projects or task forces as assigned.
* Works with IT Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the IT group and recommend process improvements.
* Interviews, hires and on-boards new talent (both employees and contractors).
* Resolves escalating issues. Reports status to IT management as appropriate.
* BA/BS degree in Information Systems or related field.
* 8-12 years relevant experience or MA/MS with 5-10 years relevant experience.
* Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio and Project)
* Ability to lead, motivate, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale in local and remote locations.
* Conceptual knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices.
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to build strong relationships with business and other IT leaders.
*LI-RH1 ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
This expansive group is accountable for planning, building and driving core technology solutions and services across virtually every aspect of the business, including Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Architecture, Pharmacy Technology, Home Delivery, Specialty and IT Service Management. The following teams help comprise this ever-important group:
IT ARCHITECTURE & INNOVATION defines and drives the company s architecture strategy.
IT ENGINEERING manages all engineering activities associated with the company s architecture and attendant technology.
IT OPERATIONS manages all the technology that supports the company s operational functions.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.