Sr Manager, Commercial Strategy & Innovation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE & SCOPE:
The Commercial Strategy & Innovation (CSI) team serves as a centralized resource for Americas Operations across commercial enterprises of the three business units it serves (APUS, Canada, Int'l Operations). The team is tasked to propose, develop and execute best-in-class strategies and operational initiatives to maximize value and growth with a keen eye on the changing customer landscape and evolving healthcare trends. CSI partners closely with internal stakeholders to optimize commercialization and develop innovative solutions that drive meaningful change to Astellas, including but not limited to launch effectiveness, brand planning, loss of exclusivity planning, and related strategic change management).
The Sr. Manager of CSI works closely with the capability leaders within the Commercial Strategy & Innovation team to support the development and execution of strategic initiatives identified by the leaders of Commercial Strategy, Corporate Development, as well as President of Americas Operations and his/her Management Team. The CSI team will ensure close access to strategic activities and will serve the President's office and stay nimble to meet the President's intentions. CSI also pursues "white space" innovation initiatives that span the full commercial organization and beyond.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work collaboratively across APUS and International Operations to support development and lead execution of strategic initiatives as identified by Department Leaders and Senior Leadership staff.
* Oversee alignment of Brand Planning approach and process by working closely with Brand Teams and orchestrating aspects of needs, gaps in plans, and address needs/gaps in both an efficient and innovative manner.
* Participate in open, frequent communication, and build strong relationship across the Americas Operations commercial/business teams to understand their strategic imperatives, tactical plans, current needs, and gaps in plans
* Ensure that best practices developed are shared commercial so that innovation becomes routine across the Americas Operations commercial business teams.
* Provide direct and indirect strategic project leadership support for a portfolio of products led by cross-functional teams.
* Participate in meetings with other CSI members, commercial business teams, and other cross-functional colleagues to communicate and define shared accountabilities, responsibilities, deliverables, and metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness.
* Partner with cross-functional colleagues (e.g., Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, IT) and business teams across APUS and Int'l Operations to evaluate innovative launch and commercialization activities and to assist with implementing activities that are aligned to and synergistic with brand and/or organizational goals.
* Partner with relevant stakeholders to assist with the implementation of new capabilities, including the evolution of a proprietary Astellas launch planning tool and our annual brand planning process, among other commercialization activities, to directly execute against initiative timelines, where appropriate.
* Liaise with leaders in CSI to critically assess the functions ongoing development and determine areas for improvement and increased efficiency/effectiveness.
* Implement other support activities aligned with the business and operational excellence strategies as assigned by department leaders.
Sales Budget: This position has an indirect impact on the strategic and tactical implementation for targeted launch and in-line brands. By providing potentially more efficient use of resources and identification of more effective ways to pursue launch and commercialization activities, this position makes increasingly positive contributions to brand goal achievements.
A and P Budget: This position directly impacts the most efficient and effective use of financial and human resources expended on each targeted launch and in-line brand.
* Bachelor's degree
* This level requires 8 plus years related, relevant healthcare experience.
* Expertise in product launch and commercialization needs and trends
* Demonstrated ability to be a consistent high-level contributor to multiple projects, processes or functions.
* Ability to support cross-functional teams to deliver against common goals
* Ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions.
* Ability to initiate contact and discussions with internal and external stakeholders.
* Willingness to travel (approximately 10% to 20%)
* Advanced degree/education
* Strong experience/proficiency in key disease state or product categories targeted by Astellas.
* Specialized training in key disease state areas and/or specialized training in product launch and commercialization, with the ability to quickly learn multiple disease states.
* Prior consulting experience