Sr. Manager Construction - Texas / Midwest Projects
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Responsibilities:Reporting to theDirector of Construction, the Sr. Manager, Construction will be responsible for managing the construction of OD sites from the initial budget formulation to the store grand opening. The Sr. Manager, Construction will work with the Real Estate Manager and Project Design Manager to finalize the decision on selected sites and manage the construction phase of each OD project. He/she will be responsible for the budgeting, bid process, scheduling and selection and management of all General Contractors. Requires the ability to have direct reports based on the scope of the projects under their management. Qualifications:Level of Formal Education:
Area of Study:
Construction or Project Management
Years of Experience:
7-10 years of experience
Type of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a major emphasis on Construction or Project Management and/or a proven track record of success within the Retail industry equal to 5+ years with specific functional experience equal to 10+ years.
Skills and Ability:
- Demonstrated ability in the budgeting process for construction projects. Development of budgets, management of budgets and the ability to understand the financial impacts of the budgeting process.
- Strong project management skills as this position will be responsible for roughly 12-15 active construction projects and 30+ projects in different phases at one time.
- Thoughtful leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with senior management and positively influence management and staff to act in the best interest of the Company with an outlook that is larger than one individual group.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide thoughtful and factual insight into site acquisition, project design, and construction.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .