Sr. Manager - Control System Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR. MANAGER - CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING
LOCATION: DANBURY, CT
Industry: Information Technology - Computer Software
Job Category: Information Technology - Developer
Base Salary - $150,000 to $180,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
BONUS ELIGIBLE - YES
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
10+ TO 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Management Experience Required - No
MINIMUM EDUCATION - BACHELOR\'S DEGREE
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Hours Per Week: 40
VISA CANDIDATE CONSIDERED: NO
As a Sr. Manager - Control System Engineering you will lead a highly dynamic software development developing machine control and cloud based software applications for our Pitney Bowes' high performance mailing solutions.
These industry leading solutions produce targeted communication to millions of people worldwide.
Our team is growing and you will have direct responsibility for leading the development of robust solutions over the entire life cycle from defining requirements to post installation support.
This position is located in our Danbury, CT office.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Lead multidisciplinary teams of engineers to gather requirements, architect, design, implement and deploy the software and firmware to control high speed mail processing equipment.
* Plan and maintain project schedules, ensure solutions meet all requirements and are delivered within specified timeframes and budget allocations.
* Collaborate closely with project team members, product management and internal and external partners and clients.
* Motivate, coach and develop your people to achieve their peak potential
* BS or MSDegree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* 5+ years of experience leading new product development teams.
* 10+ years of experience with object-oriented software design & development over the full life cycle process
* Proven track record of leading diverse teams on high-risk projects to success against critical deadlines.
* Excellent project management skills, ability to lead a team in a fast paced, multidisciplinary group design environment.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely with senior management and interface with our clients.
* Proficiency using a systems level approach to developing solutions.
* Experience leading teams using Agile Development methodologies.
*RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDIDATE
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE LEADING NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TEAMS.
10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH OBJECT-ORIENTED SOFTWARE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT OVER THE FULL LIFE CYCLE
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closel
Looking for an experienced Software Development manager, that has experienced working with teams and some experience on the client side also. The hiring manager would like this candidate to have a background in development and still be able to discuss programming languages and lead the team in discussions on what programming languages.