Sr Manager, Credit Risk Mgmt
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Team:
T-Mobile has an opening for a Sr. Manager, Credit Risk Compliance in the Portfolio Credit Risk (PCR) department. T-Mobile's Portfolio Credit Risk team is responsible for assessing credit risk of new applicants (both individual consumer and business) as well as managing the credit & bad debt risk of the existing customer portfolio. The team heavily focuses on using its analytical expertise to gain deep understanding of customer behavior and using the customer insights to drive positive change within the organization.Your Role:
As a Credit Risk Compliance Manager within the PCR team you will be leading a team of Credit, Internal Auditors responsible for measuring and communicating the health of key Credit controls and processes as well as the effectiveness of our policies. Additionally, you will be responsible for implementing policies and processes across business units to drive improved compliance. You must have a strong blend of audit, managing multiple processes and policies, communication, writing, and presentation skills. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to develop strong partnership/relationships with key business partners and all levels of the organization. You will be ensuring there are sufficient controls in place and recommending or implementing remediation plans where gaps and risks exist. In most cases, you will be responsible for ensuring Credit Risk's compliance and adherence to the banking and lending regulations.
- 5-8 years of related work experience- audit, banking and operations
- Masters Degree
- Basic quantitative and financial analysis skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to gain consensus across business units (primarily Customer Care and Sales)
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and identify potential gaps related to Credit Risk
- Superior communication, organization and presentation skills
- Project Management experience preferred
- Prior risk management experience a plus
- Experience with banking and lending is preferred
- Wireless/Telecom experience a plus
- Responsible for driving adherence to Credit policies and processes across business units, primarily in Sales, and Customer Care.
- Responsible to gaining consensus across business units (primarily Sales and Customer Care) to implement new policies and processes that may negatively impact the metrics of those business units.
- Responsible for managing all Credit Compliance Audit operations and deliverables.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and coaching staff as well as taking corrective action to address performance problems.
- Responsible for assisting with the professional growth and development of assigned staff.
- Oversees the execution of Credit Compliance audits and special projects to insure that scope & objectives are met, credit compliance issues and recommendations are appropriate, and quality products are delivered to management.
- Assess product, compliance or operational risks and develop risk management strategies
- Conduct frequent internal reviews or audits to ensure that procedures are adhered to
- Establish and define Credit procedures and reviews
- Development and presentation of formal recommendations
- Advise business partners on process improvements and risk remediation efforts
- Perform Key Control activities- monitoring, testing and communicating results
- Compliance Manager will deepen relationships by:
?Working with internal business partners?Reporting results to leadership and Compliance teams?Consolidating information and reporting detailed results with associated action plansWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .