Sr. Manager, Distribution Technology and Process Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position leads and is accountable for the development and implementation of best in class technology solutions and work process improvements for all Distribution / Warehousing functions for Campbell's Americas Simple Meals and Beverage (ASM&B) business, including delivering breakthrough cost savings, masterplan development, and overall design and development of a customer / consumer responsive DC Network, for internally managed and externally contracted (3PL) operations. The Senior Manager, Distribution Technology and Process Improvement, is a critical role in the Supply Chain Planning and Logistics organization, responsible for leading and delivering the cost savings / enabler program, capital and technology platforms, and process improvement work processes and methodologies across our Distribution Centers / Warehouse Operations for ASM&B.
This position will be responsible for the overall innovation and continuous improvement work processes and technologies for all finished / non-finished goods. This entails building and leading the strategic planning for the DC Network, with an external view to emerging customer / consumer requirements, for the broader ASM&B Distribution Network Team, including key participation and leadership in broad network design and optimization. The ASM&B business is focused on being a Demand Driven Value Network (DDVN), embracing the need to be much more customer / consumer centric, enabling top line sales growth, continuing margin enhancement, and improved customer service. The Sr. Manager will be accountable for leading best practices identification and benchmarking in the overall work processes, analytics, delivery methods (including e-commerce), service, and sustainability efforts, as well as leading the efforts to deliver year on year breakthrough cost savings initiatives (enablers). The Sr. Manager, while working with internal and external partners, will lead the business requirements development for key systems (WMS, YMS, etc.), as well as capital management / technology solutions process for the DC network. The Sr. Manager must have substantial leadership, collaboration, problem solving, and communication skills, and will lead technology solutions, innovation, work process improvements, and overall cost savings efforts, for a Distribution Network with a spend pool of nearly $130MM.
This position will be the architect of the Distribution Strat Plan, leading cross functional team engagement and ideation, and helping build in-depth problem solving, business process analytics and project management skills, while role modeling a 'Challenger Mindset' culture across the broader Logistics organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead and support the master plan for the Distribution Organization, as a part of the broader Supply Chain Planning and Logistics Strategic Plan, driving overall Logistics cost savings and growing DDVN capabilities.
* Key thought leader in the construction of the Strat plan and associated deliverables for ASM&B's Distribution function, and working collaboratively with other Logistics resources to execute the master planning process.
* Lead Distribution strategy development relative to warehouse network optimization, WMS business requirements development, IT / optimization initiatives, and the development of a DDVN / margin enhancing technology platform.
* Lead internally / externally focused best practices identification, vetting, and share-and-reapply, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
* Role model collaboration between internal functions and partners, including Legal, Global Procurement, SC Planning, CS/L, Sales, Plant / DC Operations, and Finance, as well as Pepperidge Farm and Plum networks.
* Must be familiar with service provider contract expectations and deliverables (i.e. 3PL, WMS hosting, contract engineering, equipment vendor agreements, IT / Systems providers, etc.).
* Owns the external consulting / technical resource needs for the Distribution Network
3. TECHNICAL / OPERATIONAL
* Experience with a foundational knowledge in core Distribution skills and work processes (safety, QA and regulatory requirements, industry trends and best practices, technology solutions, material handling, labor and inventory management, customer requirements, and zero based budgeting), ultimately providing the technology and systems solutions to maximize network performance.
* Systems - Accountable for the overall opportunity assessments and continuous improvement plans for the core network operating systems (WMS, SAP, YMS, and load building solutions). Accountable for the successful design (business requirements), testing, and validation of business required modifications spanning these systems, transforming opportunities into solutions.
* Distribution Lead for providing guidance on network modeling and space / productivity optimization, capacity planning, sourcing decisions, and warehouse implications (asset and inventory performance).
* Owns the technical solutions platform for the network, including equipment / automation capital mgmt.
* Process owner for the Distribution Network CIP / Cost savings / Enabler program
* Leader of Distribution Network Enabler (cost savings) process, delivering 4%+ YoY improvements in spend reduction. Accountable for ideation (ZLA), pipeline management, and overall Network project execution.
* Management of multiple cost savings projects (enablers) - scope definition, planning, documentation / vetting, timeline execution, and leadership of cross functional teams
* Leads the capital forecast and funding process (including 3 yr Strat Plan) for the broader network, ensuring projects support both ROI and DDVN requirements.
5. ANALYTICAL / ORGANIZATIONAL
* As the Innovation Leader for the Distribution discipline, the Sr. Mgr will lead the network optimization / cost savings efforts for the DC Network, owning the delivery of breakthrough ideas / strategy development, while partnering with the Global Supply Chain Process Excellence (GSCPE) team on ideation and standardization.
* Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of system tools. Individual will need to develop significant expertise in multiple systems that are critical to analyzing and influencing the daily Distribution business. Direct experience with SAP, WMS / Red Prairie, TMS, and / or other enterprise systems is required. The Sr. Mgr will be the network owner for upstream capacity and operational modeling, being the Distribution conduit into the SC Network Ops Team.
* Leads the Distribution Networks Continuous Improvement and Loss Analysis efforts, fueling ideas for Strat Plan and Enabler delivery.
* Coach, develop, train, and lead a team of Distribution Business Process Leads, Process Engineers, and Network Analysts, while leading improvement efforts for six 3PL led DC's and three internally managed warehouse operations, in the delivery of the Distribution Department's OGSP. Will also provide insight into the broader Logistics and Supply Chain succession planning process
6. RESULTS / KPI\'S
* Financial - Distribution Network enabler performance (YoY savings 4% of COPS). Capital spend three year Strat Plan targets
* Strategy - delivers detailed three year Strat plan and associated