Sr. Manager Engineering (Appliances) 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Advanced Development Engineering (ADE) team in Appliance Business Unit of TE Connectivity is responsible for innovate and design the smart connectivity solutions for household appliances which enable the Connected Home, Internet of Things, sensor integration, and connectivity architecture (both wired and wireless) for both power and data within household appliances. The (Sr.) Manager in Systems Engineering of Advanced Development Engineering will explore the applications of smart connectivity solution in household appliances and home environment. The candidate will also define the overall requirements in both product and application at the system level and closely communicate with the customers for smooth implementation. The candidate will collaborate with the Product Management, Business Development and Sales team to realize the commercialization of the innovative solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Explore the application and commercialization opportunities of the smart connectivity solution from ADE with close cross-function collaboration with Product Management, Business Development and Sales teams.
* Define the overall technical and application requirements for implementation of the smart connectivity solution at the system level in the household appliances.
* Promote and present smart connectivity solution to customers technically together with top management and marketing team.
* Closely communicate with customers to understand their unmet or hidden needs and translate them into engineering requirements.
* Proactively involve in design-in activities with customers by supplying innovative concept and solutions together with the whole ADE team and other engineering teams with world-class product quality.
* Keep acumen and insight of industry standing and technology trend for new area to explore and business grow.
* Drive for maximizing engineering productivity.
* Manage projects to Deliver Connected Home or IOT solutions including end to end systems, software and hardware solutions
* Anticipated 40-50% travel to China, EMEA and US customers.
* Master Degree in Systems Engineering, E&E, ME, Software, MBA with minimum Bachelor degree in above major or equivalent. PhD is welcome.
* Minimum 10 year experience leading engineering projects and teams. Hand-on experience with production is a plus.
* Multi-disciplinary background and creative in new product design and production of products with electronics and assembly.
* Track record of exploring the business opportunity and commercializing new product or new solution.
* Extensive experience in appliance system engineering and architecture in technology or program management.
* Understand well the appliance system requirements and testing technically and in applications.
* Global design experience and perspectives
* Rapid Innovation design methods and mindset
* Good relationship with appliance customers and good understanding of appliance industry.
* Experience working in ambiguous and uncertain new product areas.
* Good skills in communication and cross-function collaboration.
* Excellent English communication skills to interact with global teams.
* Excellent presentation skills to present concepts to customer and top management teams.
* Willing to travel and flexible working hours.