Director, Global Controllership
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
Reporting directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller Industrial and Global Emerging Markets (GEM), this role is principally responsible for partnering with Stanley Black & Decker s (SBD) businesses and Corporate to ensure accurate, timely and transparent accounting and reporting is delivered on a consistent basis, in accordance with Company policies and U.S. GAAP. The Director, Global Controllership must work with the Assistant Corporate Controllers to ensure the Business Units maintain strong internal controls, employing a process of continual risk assessment.
Other critical elements of this role include global leadership, proactive involvement within all financial accounting, reporting and control areas, and the ability to thrive in a highly matrixed, multi-cultural organizational structure.
The Director role has responsibilities both with Industrial and GEM businesses, as well as other initiatives related to SBD as a whole.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* For the Industrial and GEM businesses, work with Assistant Controller to:
* Drive execution of all accounting, reporting and control activities
* Ensure efficient, effective, reliable and timely performance of these activities in accordance with Company policy, procedure, standard business processes and U.S. GAAP
* Provide accounting guidance within the organization to ensure appropriate application and compliance with Company policy and procedure
* Partner with Business Unit Controllers to ensure consistency in core accounting policies, processes and internal controls and facilitate sharing of best practices as appropriate
* Implement new global policies as appropriate and modify existing ones as necessary
* Oversee month end closing process and ensure timely delivery of accurate results
* Drive monthly meetings, develop common templates, maintain a continuously updated list of open accounting and control issues, and work with all units to drive resolution and ensure corporate requirements are met
* Guide | facilitate | support the annual U.S. GAAP financial audit process
* In support of Corporate and across all SBD Businesses:
* Own, manage and communicate processes supporting the control environment, such as Global Risk Assessment (in partnership with Internal Audit and Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) organization), Accounting and Control Assessments and Balance Sheet Reviews. Enhance and standardize control processes.
* Ensure account reconciliations are accurately prepared and reviewed on a monthly basis and peer-reviewed on a periodic basis in alignment with Company objectives
* Manage and maintain the Delegation of Authority (DOA). Work with the Functional Transformation team on simplification and standardization of the DOA
* Partner with the CAO Office on policies and procedures
* Act as Controllership Liaison with Treasury and Tax
* Support the planning and budgeting activities for Corporate Controllership
* Leverage ProX to drive productivity | continuous process improvement | transformation in the finance function so as deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness
* Continuously evaluate, mentor, coach and develop the team to achieve the highest standards of performance possible, both technically and in their ability to work in cross functional business partnership to deliver results
Education & Experience:
* BS Degree in Accounting required
* 10+ years Accounting and Finance experience, CPA and MBA preferred
* Big Four Public Accounting experience preferred
* Industry experience in multi-national Fortune 500 manufacturing environment preferred
* Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions integrations is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* SAP and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience preferred
* Demonstrated financial leadership experience with proven ability to partner with the business and work across functional lines
* Strong Project Management Skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Sound change management skills and ability to influence
* Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.