Sr. Manager, Global Tax Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Global Tax Reporting is responsible for managing the preparation and technical research of the global tax reporting requirements pursuant to ASC740. This critically important role will specifically include the maintenance and improvement of the ongoing tax reporting process currently used on a quarterly and annual basis and performance of necessary research for complex tax accounting issues and positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Oversight/assist with all aspects of global tax reporting for the Company under the guidance of the Director, Global Tax Reporting & Risk Management.
* Assist with the timely and accurate computation of the global effective tax rate under ASC740 on a quarterly and annual basis including trend analysis and forecasting.
* Review of current and deferred tax calculations, tax account reconciliations, operating loss and tax credit carryovers, and determination of valuation allowance requirements.
* Review and calculation of FIN48 reserves, specifically, the current and expected future impact on the effective tax rate through coordination with the global tax team.
* Primary responsibility for research and analysis of the tax considerations and impact of new accounting pronouncements and guidance, including the financial statement requirements of adoption.
* Oversight of Longview provision software maintenance and process for year-end financial reporting.
* Explore possibilities to enhance the use of technology within the tax accounting and tax compliance areas with the goal of streamlining and building efficiencies.
* Prepare/review all financial statement disclosures, including language used in the Management Discussion and Analysis and Footnote sections of the Form(s) 10Q and 10K.
* Responsible for calculations and disclosures required pursuant to purchase accounting for acquisitions and discontinued operations for divestitures.
* Develop a strong working relationship with the attest accounting firm to assist in their review of the computations and positions taken by the Company in the tax accounting and financial reporting areas.
* Ensure/maintain appropriate documentation as required under the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 pertaining to the global tax reporting process.
Direction of Others or Direction Received:
* This position currently has no direct reports but will have dotted line management responsibility for supervisors and staff as well as working directly with many of the people in the tax department, including the European tax team and various Directors and Managers of the U.S. tax practice. There will be resources made available to the position.
* This position has a direct reporting line to the Director, Global Tax Reporting & Risk Management and is based at the Company s world headquarters in New Britain, Connecticut.
* Primary contacts are members of the Tax Department, External Accounting, Controllership, Operations Finance on a global basis. Secondary contacts are Corporate Treasury and Business Unit Finance and Accounting teams, and outside service providers.
* Have a Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance with an advanced degree in taxation.
* Have a CPA license or be working towards a CPA license.
* Have a minimum of 8-10 years of tax experience either in industry or with a public accounting firm with a significant amount of time spent in the tax reporting area.
* Possess technical skills under ASC740 to identify issues, perform necessary research and arrive at supportable positions for complex situations.
* Have strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
* Have the ability, experience and patience to drive process change.
* Be effective working independently, as well as, in a team environment.
* Experience managing both people and projects.
* Ability to travel both internationally and domestically, when needed.
* Be proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Experience with Longview (Provision), CorpTax (Compliance) and enterprise software such as SAP, Hyperion or HFM is desirable, but not required.
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.