Sr. Manager, IT- Portfolio Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Company
Since 1843, we ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world s most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency.
No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
The Portfolio Lead (PfL) is responsible for leading portfolio prioritization, affordability, capacity planning, and effective execution/delivery within the prescribed portfolio resulting in predictable outcomes (improved financial forecast accuracy, resource forecast accuracy, minimized excess capacity and improved project/resource planning). This role works directly with their assigned portfolio s CIO and their leadership team as well as with other IT organization leaders, Program & Project Managers, Domain Owners, and IT Finance to evaluate and prioritize IT work, as well as ensure appropriate planning and allocating of IT resources to support the business priorities. This role will utilize standard metrics and KPIs to drive appropriate actions within the IT Organization to ensure accuracy and effectiveness in forecasting, budget management, and execution/delivery across the full Global IT budget (run and invest).
* Actively participates with other Portfolio Leads and Enterprise Services to mature the PfL role to improve the planning and delivery capability of the Global IT organization, including providing input for enterprise process improvement initiatives, such as developing/refining key metrics, KPIs, portfolio scorecard, and corresponding action planning.
* Partners with the CIO and leads annual and ongoing IT budget planning and presentations, including business case review for completeness in order to drive the most effective prioritization discussions.
* Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise in planning, prioritizing, forecasting, and budget management for the prescribed portfolio driving adoption to 18-month, 6-month and 90-day planning windows.
* Develops and manages a Workforce Plan for their aligned portfolio, ensuring PWA reflects new and existing workforce needs.
* Understands resource demand based on in-flight as well as planned work, for all types of IT work (projects, enhancements, services, and production support).
* Partners with Domain Owners to proactively plan for resources to meet demand over a six-month horizon.
* Drives portfolio governance and tollgate process, to ensure programs/projects are appropriately resourced, planned, and executed/delivered.
* Balances CIO and business demands while driving consistent Global IT processes/outcomes and optimizing IT spend.
Required Skills & Experience
* Extensive knowledge and experience in financial forecasting and budget analysis.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in resource forecasting and capacity planning.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to executive leadership and program/project managers.
* Must process an aptitude for translating complex, technical subjects into clear, business-oriented communications.
* Working knowledge of an enterprise PPM tool (e.g., MSPS, Clarity, HP PPM).
* Proficient in Excel pivots and formulas.
* Strong business acumen.
* Ability to work across diverse organizations and build effective relationships/partnerships.
* Ability to deliver results via influencing IT leadership (CIO and Domain Owners) by articulating facts regarding planning and execution/delivery that result in improved outcomes.
* Desire and ability to mentor less experienced program/project managers to improve organizational performance.
* Conducts solid stakeholder and risk analysis on key issues.
* Weighs alternatives and considers service and business implications of decisions.
* Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness; develops strategies for adjusted courses of action.
* Develops new techniques to support innovative solutions.
* Removes barrier to change.
* Accomplishes results through influencing other team members and/or leaders.
* Acts as an advisor to others.
* Provides guidance, constructive input and motivation to less experienced team members.
* Work is guided by long-term objectives.
* Translates business plans into objectives for a department or work area.
* Exercises latitude in managing operations.
* Initiates new or revised procedures, programs, and initiatives.
* Aligns operational plan with functional strategy and approach.
* May influence and/or develop broad programs and initiatives.
* 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Experience leading IT programs/projects (initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria, including all aspects of financial and resource management).
* 3-6 years leadership experience.
* Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience, or
* Graduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.