Sr. Manager, IT Systems Administration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
* Lead a distributed team of System Administrators
* Partner with IT teams in systems administration of Linux and Windows systems with a strong emphasis on automated management, monitoring and deployment tools.
* Collaborate and listen well to senior leaders, and propose/develop/deploy effective solutions.
* Assist stakeholders in defining requirements.
* Proactively communicate and appropriately influence ideas to stakeholders.
* Propose and develop administration and monitoring solutions to ensure that our production systems can scale to a growing customer base while maintaining 100% uptime.
* Implement and maintain robust backup and disaster recovery processes.
* Implement and maintain IT technologies that improve the security, scalability and reliability of the company s computing resources.
* Provide local, hands-on assistance to users as necessary, and manage the adds/moves/changes associated with activities in these areas: LAN/WAN, telephony, networking, occasional Windows desktop and server support, messaging, storage systems, etc.
* Provide rapid response and lead management of incidents.
* Develop clear IT performance metrics
* Demonstrated people leadership and team development skills
* Detailed and hands on as needed to ensure team deliveries stay on track.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate new IT ideas and strategies.
* Experience leading a mission-critical data center colocation site. Must be familiar with common enterprise server platforms.
* Ubuntu/Red Hat Enterprise/CentOS. Must be able familiar with the setup, management and monitoring of Linux standalone servers. Experience with automation would be an asset.
* Common scripting technologies such as Bash, PHP, python, PowerShell, etc. with an emphasis on using these tools to automate common or repetitive administration tasks.
* Knowledge of Apache and Tomcat Servers with administration and performance tuning experience of same.
* Configuration and maintenance of database sources i.e. MSSQL, MySQL. Experience with clustered database administration would be an asset.
* Familiarity with network troubleshooting including common switching and routing issues, an understanding of the OSI model, and packet capture and analysis tools like Wireshark.
* Basic administration of NetApp NAS/SAN and other storage architectures.
* Administration of VMware Virtual Infrastructure.
* Administration of Microsoft Windows Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365.
* Strong knowledge of IT services and protocols such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, NFS, syslog, etc.
* Minimum of 8 years in IT administration, with at least 3 years of those years in a leadership role.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience. Master s degree a plus.
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.