Sr. Manager Information Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position:
* Lead the identification, assessment, selection and implementation of technologies to support the pharmaceutical product lifecycle and supply chain operations. This position reports to the leader of supply chain capabilities in the Laboratory Information Systems organization.
* Responsible for working with PDM (Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing) organization and related business partners to facilitate the governance of business processes and enterprise data standardization.
* Develop the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) capabilities to enable knowledge management and collaboration internally and with external contract partners. Configure tools to coordinate change events and connect information related to the management of part numbers, suppliers, bill of material, formulas, processes, etc., that are used to manage the lifecycle of Gilead s pharmaceutical products.
* Work closely with Enterprise IT and business stakeholders to implement and maintain the technology infrastructure and applications to transform the management of master data, enable technology integration and improve processes to support pharmaceutical development, supply chain operations and compliance with product quality regulations (cGMP).
* Partner with different teams, such as ERP, Laboratory Systems, Regulatory and Quality to enable efficient integration of master data with transactional data to support product development and supply chain operations.
* Stay current with technology and supply chain trends and maintain the capability roadmap to help the PLM capabilities remain current, competitive and aligned with Gilead s strategic direction.
* Highly experienced in domain areas such as information technology, automation, data management, business activity monitoring, business process management, cloud computing, GxP and the pharmaceutical industry.
* In-depth experience in computer system evaluation, selection, implementation, computer system validation, data integrity assurance, 21CFR11 and EU Annex 11 compliance.
* Strong skills in: facilitating process and data governance, critical thinking, communication, teamwork, matrix management and influencing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Provide technology influence across all the different functions within the LIS organization, Enterprise IT and the Supply Chain organizations.
Work closely with the PDM organization to develop, facilitate and execute governance to align, and improve business processes and data harmonization/standardization.
Work closely with Enterprise IT to manage the relationships of key vendors and service providers. Work closely with IT system managers to ensure that technology tools enable efficiency, compliance and automation to promote Gilead s quality, manufacturing and supply chain operations.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Have a broad knowledge of IT concepts, practices, standards and information management in the USA and international. In-depth knowledge and experience in business process management, data integrity, collaboration, knowledge management, analytics and metrics.
Possess strong abilities to lead in different situations and influence the good decision making. Understand the concepts of organizational change management and apply towards the successful delivery of projects. Provide solutions to highly complex problems and apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
Create documented rationale to explain and defend technical, organizational and control strategies to support regulatory compliance. Effectively interact with regulatory compliance agencies as needed and represent Gilead as needed.
Work with IT, service providers, system architects, project managers and vendors to develop budgets and monitor expenditures.
10+ Years with BS, BA in computer or natural science and or relevant experience
8+ Years with MS, MBA
4+ Years with PhD
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :