Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Operations 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Novanta, Inc. - JADAK
Syracuse - Syracuse, NY US (Primary)
POSITION OVERVIEW: This role is a key role within JADAK s Integrated Supply Chain and is responsible for order fulfillment of all manufactured customer orders. This leader will have responsibility for leading all domestic and international Manufacturing Operations. The scope of this role includes the entire manufacturing value stream from dock to dock; including, but not limited to production and production support, shipping and receiving, and inventory control.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
30% - Global Operations Oversight
* develop & implement policies and systems that standardize and improve labor efficiency to yield consistent on time order fulfillment, quality of product, and mitigate in warranty and out of box returns. * develop & implement policies and systems to achieve near term and long term non-material productivity improvements.
30% - Workforce Development & Planning
* develop and execute short and long term human resource plans (talent acquisition, performance and leadership management) to mitigate skills gaps within aligned headcount requirements, ensuring current and future customer demand is sustainable * develop and maintain training programs to increase/maintain the knowledge, skills and abilities for direct labor and support personnel, thereby ensuring on time order fulfillment * create employee development plans for incumbents in critical organizational roles and/or high potential team members that will increase depth and breadth of knowledge.Examples include: Six Sigma, IPC, Professional Certifications, etc.
30% - Global Organizational Performance Management
* develop and monitor organizational KPIs * utilize KPIs to ensure current training, policies, and procedures directly translate to increased organizational effectiveness and continuous manufacturing improvement
* 10% - Self Development Work with JADAK Leadership Team to identify and participate on projects or special assignments to further your personal skill set and knowledge base (ex. Corporate Development-M&A, Remote MFG Site Development, & Site Transfers.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: This role requires knowledge of the following areas:
* Operations Management * Strategic Planning * Capacity Planning
* Warehouse and Materials Handling
* Electro-Optical Systems
AutoID Technologies (I.e. Barcode, RFID, Machine Vision)
Skills: * Cost Accounting * Team Building * Employee Development
Lean Six Sigma (Continuous Improvement & Defect Reduction)
* Bachelors in Management or Engineering required * MBA or equivalent Master s degree preferred * Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
* 8-12 years of progressive experience in leadership roles within operations & manufacturing environments
2-5 years of experience with electro-optical or electro-mechanical technologies preferred
This is a senior level manager and will report directly to the JADAK Chief Operations Officer
AUTHORITIES/DECISIONS MADE AS PART OF REGULAR DUTIES:
* Policy and procedure deployment related to internal order fulfillment * Talent acquisition and performance evaluation of manufacturing team members * Capacity planning in combination with the Operations Planning Manager
Direct influence over Stop Shipments and Failure Escalation Process
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Light manufacturing environment; ability to sit for long periods of time at desk and/or computer; ability to work on call; ability to travel on and off campus locations; ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Novanta is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected federal, state/province or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.