Sr. Manager Marketing Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Manager Marketing Operations is responsible for developing and driving the overall marketing vision, strategies, objectives, and plans across various assets including but not limited to printed and online circular and the staples.com homepage as well as major retail sales initiatives. This person will lead a team of marketing professionals in working cross-functionally with merchandising, portfolio, seasonal marketing, ecommerce, creative, social/digital marketing, analytics and store/online operations to grow profitable sales.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
IMPACT ON BUSINESS (I.E. BUSINESS CONTRIBUTION; NATURE AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY; RISK AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT; STRATEGIC VS. TACTICAL VS. DELIVERY ORIENTATION.)
* Develop and execute marketing vision, strategy and plan for printed and online circular, major retail sales drivers as well as coupon and rebate processes.
* Oversee tactical execution of plans with goal of increasing profitable retail and online sales
* Help develop marketing research and analysis including competitive information, company and industry trends and best practices.
* Lead cross-functional teams across other groups including merchandising, portfolio, seasonal marketing, digital marketing, email, ecommerce and traditional media to support goals
* Foster partnerships resulting in cross-functional solution finding and achievement of objectives
* Be the senior point of contact and expert for all print and online circular, coupon, rebates and retail sales driving marketing efforts
* Partner with key vendors on joint marketing efforts
* Collaborate with analysts on developing retail sales driving offer strategies
* For all owned marketing assets request and review data analysis to measure effectiveness and continuously improve results
* Manage print and online circular marketing budget
INNOVATION AND CHANGE (I.E. IMPROVEMENTS TO PROCEDURES, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS, AS WELL AS DEVELOPMENT OF NEW IDEAS, METHODS, TECHNIQUES, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS)
* With team members, create a test-and-learn pipeline. Execute & refine
* Actively work with other marketing partners to test new approaches/media across print, digital, social and mobile marketing
* Collaborate with email, mobile, ecommerce, merchandising and portfolio partners to continuously improve processes
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS / SUPPLIERS AS WELL AS THIRD PARTIES (I.E. INCLUDE LEVEL OR JOB TITLE OF CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP AND THE NATURE OF THE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SERVICE DELIVERY)
* Key internal customers are GMMs and DMMs, Portfolio Director and Online ACCOUNTABILITY FOR HIRING, COACHING, TRAINING, CONDUCTING PERFORMANCE REVIEW, DETERMINING PAY ACTIONS)
* Manage team of 4 direct reports. Oversee responsibilities and performance of team, conduct full performance appraisals and coaching
* Foster an environment of learning and innovation to support team members' professional development, enabling them to meet or exceed business objectives and attain personal career goals
* Lead, develop and mentor team members and make Staples an even greater place to work
BUSINESS STRATEGY (IF CONTRIBUTES TO BUSINESS STRATEGY; IS POSITION RESPONSIBLE FOR DEFINING, MODIFYING OR EXECUTING AND IS FOCUS ON LONG TERM (TYPICALLY 3-5 YEARS) OR SHORT- TO MID-TERM (12-18 MONTHS))
* Position is responsible for defining, modifying and executing on short-to mid-term objectives and contributing to long-term objectives
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (I.E. HOW IS SUCCESS DEFINED IN THIS ROLE )
* Ability to successfully manage relationships across many functions and levels
* Ability to effectively manage team of marketing professionals
* Improve print and online circular ROI and sales contribution
* Increase traffic as well as Retail Team orientation with an affinity for influencing and working across functions in a dynamic often-changing environment
* Strong leadership and analytical skills
* Strong manager and developer of people at varying levels
* Proactive, quick, decisive, and self-motivated
_Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law._