Sr. Manager, Payroll
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004302
The Sr. Manager, Payroll is responsible for ensuring an accurate and customer-focused payroll by managing all aspects of Express Scripts in-house payroll operations as well as related functions. Additionally, the Sr. Manager Payroll is responsible for exemplifying a compliance and service-oriented approach with all payroll department team members and internal and external partners. Provides tactical and strategic input to the current and future state of the Express Scripts Payroll Department to ensure ongoing best practices.
* Manage all functions of the payroll operation and related functions by exemplifying a compliance and service-oriented approach with all payroll department team members as well as internal and external partners. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and on time, identifying opportunities for process improvement and effectively managing the performance of all direct reports.
* Hire, train and provide ongoing development opportunities for payroll operations staff. This development includes training on all payroll and case management systems. This also includes training on all payroll practices to ensure compliance with wage and labor laws, Federal, State and Local laws, and all Express Scripts policies and procedures as they relate to payment of employees.
* Partner with Accounting and Treasury to verify that all payroll payments are properly recorded in the General Ledger, that all payroll-related accounts are reconciled properly, and that all payments are reflected accurately on each employee s record. Works with Unclaimed Property and vendor to identify uncashed checks to ensure adherence with escheatment laws. Identify and establish auditing practices and procedures in partnership with Internal Audit that ensure segregation of duties and proper financial control.
* Keep up-to-date on the latest developments in payroll-related areas including technology, Federal, State and Local government regulations and applying knowledge to identify and implement process improvements.
* Manage day to day payroll vendor relationships with vendor account managers to ensure service levels are met.
* Responsible for managing payroll system updates
* BS degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 8-12 years of relevant experience or Master s degree and 5-10 years of experience
* Microsoft Office and Workday
* Knowledge of payroll systems
* Demonstrated team-building and development skills
* Strong organization skills
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Multi-state experience
* Workday Payroll experience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Human Resources is charged with ensuring that Express Scripts effectively manages and supports its human capital investment. Key day-to-day responsibilities include supporting human resources needs, including staffing, policy development and employee relations; driving improvements in employee satisfaction and diversity awareness; providing training and organizational development; and overseeing benefit and compensation plans.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.