Sr. Manager, Project Management- Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing 9/16/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
With the commitment and drive you bring to the PDM workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) Project Manager is responsible for providing project management to the CMC activities for small molecules and biologics development. The scope is from IND, Phase 1, 2, 3 to Commercialization and post approval life cycle management. The Project Manager participates in global projects collaborating with the following groups: Process Chemistry, Biologics Development, Formulations, Analytical, Quality Assurance, Packaging & Labeling, Materials Management, Outsourcing, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial Manufacturing, and the Corporate Project Team. The PDM Project Manager will manage multiple projects which include Clinical Development, Commercial Products, and Operational Excellence Continuous Improvement Projects.
For Operational Excellence projects, the Project Manager will be responsible for supporting continuous improvement measures through the use of Lean/Six Sigma-based tools to simplify processes, improve quality, remove waste, and reduce cost. Using robust change management skills, the candidate will communicate across the organization to ensure key stakeholders are aware of changes and their benefits and that they are supportive of the changes being made. The candidate will also assist in the development of training programs to continually improve employee awareness and performance. The PM will interact with all levels of the organization and at all locations as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
The position will consist of the following main duties:
* Project management of multiple complex project teams for clinical, commercial, and operational excellence
* Work with CMC project leader and members on CMC strategy and cross functional activities
* Develop and manage detailed project timelines for CMC activities
* Monitors project execution and adjusts plans. Facilitates project communications and documentation.
* Collaborates with the team to resolve issues and organizes team to execute on the corrective actions
* Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies, and processes
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* 10+ years of relevant experience and a BS in science or; 8+ years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA
* Experience should include 5 years of participation in cross-functional project management activities
* Prior experience in managing direct reports
* Proficiency in software applications MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, MS Project
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :