Sr. Manager - Software & Automation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description:
Reporting to the Head of Software and Automation, the Sr. Manager will be responsible for managing multiple teams of software developers, designers, and automation engineers. The team members will be located in multiple geographies. As a member of the leadership team, the Sr. Manager will be expected to contribute to an aggressive portfolio of projects to allow MlliporeSigma to enhance its product offerings to its customers. As part of R&D, bringing new ideas and fresh concepts will be part of the role and expected to drive us toward innovative solutions and approaches to problems.
* Providing leadership to several smaller agile teams working on development and configuration of automation projects and classical software development
* Represent the development efforts at the leadership team meetings
* Manage the sub-projects of the teams reporting into the position: Remove barriers and report on risks and issues
* Present new ideas to leadership outside of the software and automation function
* Develop process improvements in the organization and execution of all projects involved
* 10+ years software engineering experience
* 4+ years manufacturing IT/Automation experience
* 4+ years managerial experience
* 5+ years in a GMP environment
* Experience managing teams in different geographical locations and time zones
* Experience working with offshore teams
* BS or higher required
* Computer Science or Software Engineering degree preferred
* Prefer experience with pharma biotech companies
* Prefer experience with agile development methodologies
* Prefer experience managing vendor relationships
* Prefer experience managing consultants from multiple vendors
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.