Sr Manager, Solution SE (Public Sector)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONVeritas empowers government departments to gain better visibility and insight into unstructured data to control it, store it, and keep citizen services available. Access to information is the key. Both citizens and agencies depend on access to government information for a variety of critical services.
Veritas provides high availability and wide-area disaster recovery technologies that minimize downtime risk and accelerate recovery, enabling agencies to achieve their missions.
The Veritas Public Sector Sales Engineering team is responsible for aligning the proper solutions that will allow Federal + State government agencies, healthcare organizations, and higher education customers to maintain access to their critical information at all times.
* The Manager, Pre-Sales Systems Engineering is responsible for supporting the outside territorial sales force for all their pre-sales requirements.
* Manages assigned Systems Engineers. Manage assigned System Engineers' performance; ensuring staff is trained at a level that allows them to accomplish their job responsibilities.
* Work with Sales Managers to ensure their pre-sales objectives are met. Ensure the technical and sales skill levels is available for customer-based technical discovery, business and technical relevancy, sales presentations and demonstrations.
* Ensure forecast objectives are met. Attend sales visits to ensure SE proficiency. Manage territorial schedules for optimum utilization of resources. Responsible for the timely completion of personnel related tasks such as approvals of expense reports, completion of quarterly and annual performance reviews, scheduling, and responsiveness to staffing needs.
* Develop SE experts to align with product lines defined by corporate marketing. Keep track of all pre-sales related equipment (laptops, cell phones, etc.).
* Monitor travel and expenses. Assist the Public Relations group with engagements, reviews and speaking opportunities.
* This position may require travel throughout an assigned region with little advance notice.
* 8+ years demonstrated pre-sales experience.
* 5 + years demonstrated management or supervisory-level experience.
* The Manager, Systems Engineering must present a professional appearance and demeanor, possess strong interpersonal skills. Able to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers at Veritas and in customer environments.
* Have the ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
* Must possess presentation-ready knowledge of several Veritas or competitor solutions and possess expertise in products making up one or more solutions.
* Must be recognized as the product expert of an assigned product group or specific technology.
* Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.