Sr Manager Strategic Sourcing-Direct
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Sleep Number is seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Direct that will have responsibility for the spend of materials within a specific category portfolio used in manufacturing Sleep Number beds. The role is responsible for developing strategic plans for categories managed including: NPI process, global sourcing strategy, and make/buy strategy in vertically integrated model. In addition, sourcing of direct materials for achieving significant cost savings, continuity of supply and risk mitigation through effective sourcing practices, negotiation, and contract execution.
* Manage spend portfolio involving multiple commodities and spend of $50-60 million annually.
* Establish and manage relationships with key suppliers for commodities in assigned portfolio.
* Identifies suppliers, solicits and reviews quotes, analyzes prices.
* Lead negotiations with suppliers to ensure the best quality, service and cost to achieve business objectives.
* Partner with Product Development, R&D, Engineering, Materials Management and Manufacturing in development and launch of new products to meet introduction timelines, cost and quality goals, and service level to customers.
* Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement.
* Maintain knowledge of market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
* Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, supplier consolidation, favorable business terms, etc.
* Manages contract notification and implementation of supplier changes.
* Documents source selection and ensures processes comply with internal procedures and guidelines.
* Manages supplier compliance and performance to contract.
* Conducts business reviews with suppliers.
* Leverage existing technologies to support the sourcing process and identify additional technology needs to augment specific categories where applicable.
* Consistently create, present and implement process improvements within the organization.
* Minimum bachelor s degree. MBA preferred.
* 5-7 years experience with direct materials sourcing experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment with increased complexity in materials managed
* Demonstrated strong negotiating skills with suppliers.
* Demonstrated strong communication skills with all levels of organization and suppliers.
* Strong analytic and modeling skills.
* Global/international sourcing experience.
* Project Management experience.
* Strong written communication and presentation skills.
* ERP system knowledge required.
* Knowledge of best in class sourcing procedures and practices.
* MS Office (Excel and Access)
* Strong analytical skills.
* Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).