Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Topcon America Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONReturning Candidate*
Log back in!
SR. MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
SR. MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This role serves as the primary global leader for order fulfillment, quality and process improvement in the business unit. This position will be responsible for developing and driving strategic initiatives which enable the team to meet service levels around product quality and availability to end customers. This includes leading the Supply Chain Team to link Sales, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain forecasts that will translate into capacity and inventory strategies to increase customer service levels at an optimal cost.
Core Job Duties:
* Develop and facilitate implementation of world-class supply chain practices and procedures within the business unit and support roll-out throughout the business.
* Experience managing a supply chain of at least 100M+
* Own product, capacity, quality, and supplier escalations and drive appropriate root cause countermeasure
* Ensure active coordination and partnership with the global factory and supplier network in Asia, Europe and North America.
* Manage and execute the sales inventory and operations plan (SIOP) processes for the product line. Including forecasting, inventory management and reporting, capacity planning, and leadership reviews.
* Facilitate weekly and monthly operating reviews to ensure adherence to key business metrics. Drive improvements and maintain metrics for forecast accuracy, DOS, inventory value, capacity, utilization, sourcing savings, PPI savings
* Communicate, influence and interact globally with broad functional areas (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance) to develop and execute plans to achieve annual operating plan goals.
* Lead all practical process improvement (PPI) activities for the business unit across multiple sites to drive continuous improvement.
* Key member of all new product introduction (NPI) projects and coordinating all supply chain efforts for product launch.
* Lead projects and actions to successfully focus global operations and supply chain and ensure optimal quality, delivery and cost
Education & Experience:
* 10+ years of experience. At least 5 managing a group of 5 or more
* B.S. preferred
* CPSM and/or APICs certification or other Purchasing/Material Management certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proactive - Acts without direct guidance and brings new ideas to the company
* Self-starter - Sufficiently motivated without the help of others
* Autonomous - Ability to work individually yet highly collaborative and resourceful
* Organized - Develop, implement, evaluate and adjust plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
* Interactive Communicator - Listen to others and communicate articulately while fostering open communication
* Resourceful - Manage resources to achieve planned goals
* Decision Maker - Not afraid to make decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
* Experience with a continuous improvement methodology (e.g., LEAN, Six Sigma)
* Experience with ERP (preferably SAP) and/or automated purchasing system
* Experience with a large manufacturing company utilizing strategic sourcing methods to reduce costs
* Highly proficient with MS Office (word, excel & powerpoint)
* Experience in the preparation of proposals and the development of contracts
* Working knowledge of inventory planning and forecasting techniques preferred
Apply for this job onlineApply
Share on your newsfeed
It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status, and to base all such employment decisions upon the individual\ s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned.