Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY City
About the Company
Deckers Outdoor Corporation seeks a Senior Manager of SEC Reporting for its Global Accounting Services department. The role will oversee SEC reporting team and will drive compliance efforts with the preparation, review, submission and distribution of financial reports required by governmental and regulatory agencies, such as US SEC 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, etc.. Drive timely preparation and review of monthly and quarterly income statement, balance sheet statements, cash flow statements, and related materials required by investor relations and internal management. Provide technical accounting research and analysis, oversee the review and interpretation of new and proposed accounting regulations and aid senior management's compliance for required GAAP, US SEC, EU, and other regulatory filings. Coordinate with auditors as part of the financial reporting processes. Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Manage the department budgets and schedules as per corporate requirements. This position will work closely with Legal, FP&A, Investor Relations, Corporate Accounting, business unit accounting leaders, the finance leaders and other function leads throughout the Company.
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
* Lead and direct all aspects of global SEC reporting, including reports on Form 10-Q, 10-K/annual report, Proxy, Comment Letters, XBRL, SEC research
* Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
* Drive timely preparation and review of monthly and quarterly income statements, balance sheet statements, cash flow statements and related materials required by investor relations and internal management
* Lead and coordinate all required reporting activities with internal senior management, the board, accountants, etc. to ensure reporting deadlines are met; Coordinate with Legal and auditors, and other outside advisors as part of the financial reporting processes
* Maintain current knowledge of SEC, FASB (ASC), IFRS and other authoritative pronouncements
* Acts as advisor for senior management's compliance for required GAAP, US SEC, EU, and other regulatory filings. Oversee compliance with and implementation of these regulations.
* Preparation and / or review of certain workpapers to support financial information presentation in our reports - e.g. proficient at reviewing the Statement of Cash Flows.
* Prepare and / or review GAAP and SEC Checklists.
* Supports various aspects of external and internal audit requirements.
* Responsible for tracking compliance timing for Global Statutory reporting by foreign accountants.
* Responsible for other audited reporting - e.g. 401K audit.
* Monitor new accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations and analyze their impact on accounting and reporting
* Research technical accounting issues and make recommendations to finance management as to the appropriate application of US GAAP
* Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to management and effected team
* Performs peer reviews of financial statements and compares to Company's statements to ensure best practices are being applied.
Documentation and Work Papers
* Review certain accounting work papers being referenced within external reporting
* Document finance management's positions taken on various accounting issues; write white papers and memos, as needed
* Ability to develop and present technical matters to other leaders in the organization, including the Audit Committee (if needed)
* Determine and establish required staffing to maximize effectiveness and align with company growth
* Establish annual objectives for direct reports and evaluate their performance
* Mentor and coach accounting staff, and review and approve their SEC reporting work papers
* Ensure global statutory reporting is being done timely with regional GAS teams.
* Responsible for leading performance and documentation of internal controls and SOX requirements over external financial reporting
Process & System Improvements
* Develop and implement system improvements in accounting, reporting, and internal controls to make the internal and external reporting more efficient
* Implement formal processes for obtaining and analyzing information gathered from internal business units for financial report preparation
* Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process for SEC reporting department
* Be accountable for budget variances
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* CPA license required (active)
* Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience, including
* 6 years in accounting, financial statement preparation, review and analysis
* 4 years in management
* Expert knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, SEC requirements, SOX compliance and financial statements
* Preferred to have experience with Big Four Accounting Firm
* Preferred to have experience with Large, International public company
Functional & Technical Competencies
* Experienced with Hyperion HFM and related business intelligence tools (or similar) preferred.
* Experienced with Workiva (XBLR) and Edgar preferred.
* Highly intelligent, self-directed and confident leader with proven track record of success
* Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, high degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive matters in the appropriate manner
* Ability to apply extensive experience and exercise independent judgment in performing all responsibilities of the position
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to professionally and effectively interact with staff, colleagues, executive management, the Board of Directors, and the Staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission
* Excellent people and management skills with proven ability to coach and build teams
* High levels of initiative, drive and poise, coupled with the qualities of maturity, flexibility and patience
* Possesses extensive knowledge associated with the areas of responsibility; applies theories, methods, principles and practices associated with GAAP, SEC, and SOX; Oracle GL a plus