Sr Manager, Third Party Risk Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Senior leader and people manager within the Enterprise Risk Management function, who is responsible for the successful delivery of scalable and sustainable third party risk management programs. This includes leading, coaching, and developing an analyst team responsible for conducting risk assessment related to third parties' ability to adhere to T-Mobile third party risk management policy and standards, and other expectations as appropriate to the relationship. This role provides critical support in identifying, documenting, and treating potentially costly legal, reputational, and business operational risks. In order to be effective, the Senior Manager, TPRM, will need to work very effectively across the enterprise to prioritize, negotiate, and coordinate risk assessment, escalation, remediation, and management with leadership and executives, as well as colleagues in Corporate Information Security, Legal & Privacy Counsel, Procurement and Contract Managers, Business Owners, and other SMEs.
- Strong background both educationally and via professional experience. No less than 7 years of professional experience in a large corporate environment in operations, finance, legal, audit, information security, and/or risk management. No less than 5 years leading cross-functional initiatives, projects, and/or programs.
- Powerful interpersonal skills:
ability to develop high-performance teams and maintain highly effective and collaborative relationships with staff members, colleagues, and executives. No less than five years hiring, managing, and developing employees.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting issues, observations, and recommendations.
- Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of information across many disciplines and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Provide structure and process around topics that have not been normalized.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas, and integrate and assimilate information of various levels of complexity and relationships across broad, multifunctional content areas. Ability to absorb and analyze business processes throughout the company and consider interaction/dependencies among processes.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with only periodic supervision.
- Leads with confidence while negotiating tough political situations. Networks effectively and is comfortable dealing with senior management. Recognized ability to influence others, regardless of perception of authority. Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Master T-Mobile culture and organization; create effective strategies for getting the most complex, interdependent projects or programs done across organizational units. Partners effectively up, down, and sideways to execute.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Bachelor Degree or higher
* LI-B2B-KW1Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring risk assessments are performed in a timely and quality manner, and in accordance with company policies and standards. Lead, coach, and develop a set of professionals focused on third party risk management:
on work products, partner relationships, and best practices. Successfully lead team members to high productivity and effectiveness levels by providing clear vision, strategic direction, and supporting career development. Serve as an escalation point of contact, leveraging working knowledge of areas of specialization, methods, and partners
- Execute complex and/or high profile third party risk assessments. Consult for and collaborate with executive leadership, management in multiple business functions, and various subject matter experts, including those in partner governance functions, on third party risks, opportunities, uncertainties, and potential responses. Apply strong expertise in risk management, business, industry, and governance to present and provide well-reasoned analysis and recommendations for risk treatment (both programmatic and ad-hoc). Negotiates remediation plans with business leadership.
- Lead, participate, and partner in the ongoing development of the TPRM framework, policies, and programs. Actively participate in industry groups, developing and providing thought leadership in Third Party Risk Management.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .