Sr. Manager, User Experience
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:The Sr Manager, User Experience is a new role at Office Depot. This role is the nerve center of the online design process and has significant responsibility for the success of large-scale projects. The Sr Manager, User Experience will oversee a cross-functional, matrixed team through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design. This role will function as Lead to junior Usability Architects. This role will function as an innovative designer, a decisive product owner, a confident team lead, mentor, team player, and skilled client partner all rolled into one. Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI or related field preferred. Other Information:* 5+ year's experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, or applications
* Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure and MS Office
* Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to website and product development; Capacity to think holistically about the eCommerce business
* Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams in creating products
* Experience managing, growing, and mentoring junior colleagues
* Proven client management skills
* Strong and engaging presentation skills and engaging presence; Solid writing and visual communication skills
* Familiarity with rules and practices of sound usability and relevant HCI literature
* Knowledge of InDesign or other tools for generating wireframes and behavior specifications;
* Ability to play nicely with other intelligent and talented types; The curiosity of a scientist and the passion of an artist
* Open to feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices; Takes risks in design that lead to a perfect balance of innovation and usability
* Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .