Sr Manager of Solutions: Contract Logistics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
UTi Worldwide Inc.
The Senior Manager of Solutions is responsible for managing and directing a logistics solution that takes prospect information and ultimately creates the location, process design, layout, labor model, cost structure, and price needed to both be profitable for UTi and a superior choice for the prospect. This person will not only direct a team of solutions engineers in this endeavor, but will also complete this process themselves on larger deals that require more experience. This position will work closely with sales to identify the feasibility of opportunities, be a resource on sales calls and verify outgoing solutions documentation. The successful candidate will work closely with Implementations and Operations as the internal customer to ensure that the solutions is complete and clearly handed off to ensure operational execution. This position is responsible for maintaining financial and engineering metrics that will meet or exceed performance goals. Responsibilities also include enhancements or expansion of current customer solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Research prospect and customer data to ensure comprehensive for solution design
* Research customer vertical, business model, brand, and culture to ensure solution fits this criteria
* Keep informed of best in class tools and techniques needed for solution design
* Analyze work flow including inbound, put away, replenishment, picking, packing, shipping and VAS processes to ensure accuracy and ability to execute
* Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes and other data to develop design solutions
* Performs special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions
* Performs cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develops ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system, or technology change
* Develops logistics engineering strategies with the senior management team
* Track logistic engineering hours per solution for accountability and capacity planning
* Performance to budget and project deliverables
* Post solution reporting to track wins/losses and plans to improve
* Documents and communicates common processes for all distribution functions across the network
* Direct communication with clients and prospects during solution design and presentation
* Communicates with sales on go/no go decisions to pursue opportunities
* Ongoing communication with implementation and operations as deals are won and implemented
* Works with outside vendors on new technology and solutions equipment and techniques.
* Communicates with operations post implementation for engineering assistance, clarification of solutions, expansion, and incremental business
* Helps determine key metrics and provide recommendations to guide management
* Trains and mentors solutions engineers in tools and solutions techniques unique to the logistics industry
* Performs other duties as required
* Backup to Director of Engineering, Solutions and Implementations when needed
* Conduct performance reviews of direct reports and manage Workday requirements daily
* Develop yearly budgets for department
* Brings cross-functional teams together to collaborate on projects
* Relationships with sales, solutions, implementations, IT
* Ensures alignment among all operations policies, procedures, and ongoing improvement projects
* Assists with developing and rolling out growth strategies and projects
* Determines feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, company goals, technical requirements, and economic factors
* Develops and implements project activities, plans, and timelines; and resolves challenges in areas of logistics to ensure meeting of contractual commitments
* Manage 3-5 Solutions Engineers
* Manages the duties of solutions engineers to include appraisals, succession plans, continuing education, and other elements of career development
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Four year degree is basic requirement
* Minimum of 3 years of job related/relevant experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access
* Knowledge of WMS functionality
* English (reading, writing, verbal), Spanish a plus
* Interpersonal communication and language skills (e.g., listening to others, speaking to others, reading, writing).
* Communication (facilitation skills and very mature communication skills to be able to communicate to all levels in the organization).
* Engineering Degree Preferred
* Experience dealing with end users, vendors and clients
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities required
* Position requires one to be self-motivated and a team player
* Experience needed in training and managing others
* Strong writing skills with experience documenting design methodologies to create logistics solutions and responses to RFP s
* Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to develop and deliver presentations to managers and executives
* Keeps informed of technical changes and industry trends
* Ability to use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment like AutoCAD, MS-Project, and Visio
* Travel 35%
* Must be able to travel
* Typically warehouse work environment but could include manufacturing and transportation locations
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.