Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-Fremont
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 283672
At our Fremont plant we manufacture products for 5 different Boston Scientific divisions including exciting technologies such as intravascular ultrasound and electrophysiology systems for diagnosing and treating cardiac arrhythmias. Our team in Fremont is growing as we continually invest in R&D for these businesses and are bringing new products to market.
Please note, this position will eventually move to our San Jose location.
This position is responsible for engineering support for the execution of local repair operations including: receiving, repair, test and packaging of all capital equipment products repaired in Fremont. This candidate will support several continuous improvement initiatives within assigned areas to improve quality, service, efficiency and repair cycles times whilst reducing cost. As a fully qualified engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional areas of the assignments, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Engineering specialty involves the improvement of existing processes by interfacing with production and engineering groups in resolving problems encountered on the repair production floor. Work is usually independently performed with general instructions as to the objectives expected.
- Independently performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, or equipment with complex features.
- Leads and/or participates in project teams coordinating the efforts of engineers, technicians and other professionals of various disciplines/departments to design, develop, and continuously improve processes. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs engineering work typically including one of the following: process improvements, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, evaluation of process models/process improvements, improvement of equipment, tools, fixtures, report preparation, and other activities of wide scope requiring broad knowledge of precedents in medical device design and development and good knowledge of principles and practices of related specialties.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives for reducing Quality related non-conformances.
- Support repair technicians to drive continuous improvement projects to improve quality, cycle time, cost and other metrics as needed to support repair operations.
- Coordinates with the appropriate suppliers and other external resources needed in developing and implementing process improvement plans.
- May be required to support other repair sites or repair site startups and leverage best practices across the sites.
- Performs responsibilities required by the Quality System and other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5-8 years relevant industry experience ideally in a regulated medical device manufacturing environment dealing with capital equipment.
- Six Sigma Background
- Incoming product acceptance and quality; In-process acceptance and quality
- Process validations, MVP reports
- NCEP/eCAPA and quality monitoring of production outputs
- Medical device experience in capital equipment build and/or repair
- Experience troubleshooting process issues, implementing improvements, and supporting all other daily activities such as NCEP/eCAPA (non-conforming material review), re-work, and implementation of change orders
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines
- Highly accountable and ability to deliver results to the business
- Strong problem solver and decision maker
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-CA-Fremont||(n/a)||Manufacturing & Operations||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering