Sr. Market Risk Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Market Risk Associate
About the Job
Market Risk performs oversight of the Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate and Commodity Derivatives Trading activity. The individual in this role will perform a broad range of quantitative analysis to support the Market Risk function, including monitoring and evaluating risks affecting current or anticipated capital, valuation, Value-At-Risk (VaR) and Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR). The person in this role will be viewed as a deep subject matter expert with a highly specialized skill set. The position requires a strong quantitative background.
Essential Job Functions
* Work with Chief Market Risk Officer, Senior Managers and multiple Trading Desk Heads in supporting the Market Risk function across a diverse set of product types including: Interest and Commodity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income Bonds, Equities and Loans.
* Support the line of business with deep subject matter knowledge relative to market risk and market risk strategies
* Perform Model Validations among various Trading, Middle Office and Risk Management systems that include:
* Understanding the conceptual framework and assumptions of the models
* Assessing model performance through price replication, benchmarking and backtesting.
* Support how models are used in the business decision making process
* Review/write technical reports detailing the model s calculations and use that will clearly document the mathematical or financial concepts used in the model
* Perform quantitative modeling using Excel, VBA, SQL queries, R, MATLAB, SAS, ADCo, Intex, Bloomberg TOMS, Thomson Reuters and IBM Algo One Risk Products
* Develop role as primary interface for Market Risk with external regulatory entities and internal risk control groups for modeling topics
* Act as mentor to other team members
* Develop and maintain effective partnership with participants/stakeholders within the Quantitative Risk Management community
* Engage Market Risk department of the potential impact of scenarios on the department s models and validation methodologies.
* Ph.D. or Master s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics or other quantitative field.
* 7-10 years of financial modeling/ model validation experience
* Experience with development of testing methodologies and creation of working papers
* Advanced knowledge of finance including valuation methodologies, capital markets, financial instrument modeling, Value at Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced experience in Excel and Visual Basic
* Proficiency in a programming language such as SAS, R, or other advanced statistical software
* Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment in collaboration with other team members and external consulting firms
About the Business
Key Enterprise Risk Management provides leadership on risk management strategies and initiatives for credit, market, compliance and operational risk, as well as portfolio management, quantitative analytics and asset recovery activities. Key's objective is to achieve and sustain strong enterprise risk management practices consistent with industry standards and regulatory expectations in support of business strategies. To reach this goal, risk is identified, measured and managed in a manner that promotes effective decision-making and instills accountability. A strong risk culture is critical to achieving our vision to become the best regional bank in the U.S.
Key traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $95.1 billion. Key (NYSE: KEY) provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals, small and medium-sized business under the name KeyBank National Association. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program