Sr Materials Analyst - Demand Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Materials Analyst will support the development and implementation of leading materials management practices that improve sales forecasting, inventory management, production planning, and overall systems capabilities. Provides database and analytical expertise to help the organization better understand, predict, and enhance materials management processes. Participates in cross-functional programs designed to reduce costs, improve inventory turns, and optimize customer service levels.
* Maintain and improve current reporting tools and databases, as well as develop new tools to monitor issues and create ad-hoc reporting on a regular basis.
* Provide data extraction, trend analyses, cost/benefit analyses, ROI analyses, and various other strategic analyses to support development of efficient materials management solutions.
* Develop statistical forecasts, and then compare and assess these forecasts in a collaborative process with Sales to develop the best demand plan (least forecast error) to drive supply planning.
* Support sales and operations planning by developing, organizing, and reporting the statistical, sales, and customer forecasts and related analysis for discussion and resolution.
* Based on approved sales forecasts, customer service levels, and inventory turn objectives, develop weekly production plans for assigned suppliers / product categories.
* Monitor supply chain achievement, identify and analyze gaps, and develop recommendations for corrective actions.
* Coordinate with global sourcing and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries of purchase orders.
* Execute production plans that meet customer demand and minimize cost; coordinate production timelines across geographies for new product introductions.
* Interface and coordinate between sales, marketing, global sourcing, distribution, finance, and suppliers regarding component and schedule requirements and changes.
* Participate in continuous improvement projects.
* Undergraduate degree required in supply chain, finance, operations, or a related discipline.
* Minimum 5 - 7 years of materials management, inventory control, or sales forecasting experience required.
* Consumer goods distribution industry experience preferred.
* CPIM, CSCM, CPM, or Six Sigma certification a plus.
* Effectively multi-task; capable of managing a large number of tasks simultaneously.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, SQL, and VBA) required.
* Working experience with Epicor systems a plus.
* Outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to distill analysis into strategic insights.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Team player who promotes shared goals and metrics.
* Financial analysis / justification experience a plus.