Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY While Pelican Products has made a name for itself as the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and technical packaging solutions, our recent entry into the consumer electronics accessory market has been nothing less than phenomenal! 2016 is expected to bring continued success and rapid growth, allowing us to expand our existing consumer electronics operations team in the USA and Asia. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to be part of our high-performing and cross-functional Consumer Electronics team to design protective cases and accessories for smart phones and tablets. You will interface with team members specializing in New Product Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing and Materials Management. In this role, you will apply your high level of technical expertise and judgment in evaluating complex issues and developing innovative solutions while working with our USA and overseas teams. This position will combine a knowledge of engineering principles and project management techniques to develop comprehensive plans to track and coordinate major projects--from conception through completion--in support of the Consumer Electronics Division.
Pelican provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Get in on the ground floor with Pelican during these very exciting times of rapid growth, new product development and new markets! Specifics of the position and qualifications are listed below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Particpates in the new product development process and translates ideas to specific, manufacturable designs with the end user in mind.
* Manages multiple projects and leads efforts of cross functional team members to release new products to production on time and according to budget
* Develops appropriate test plans, test methods and analyzes and resolves quality assurance issues.
* Recommends procedures that will result in cost savings, maximization of production, and quality improvement.
* Will act as liaison for the company with vendors and customers on various projects.
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Minimum of 5 years of product design and project management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
* Proven success in leading a cross-functional product development teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Experience in injection molded plastics design, tooling and assembly methods.
* Consumer product design experience of low cost, high volume, high quality products.
* Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts.
* Resourceful and innovative in developing new product ideas and implementing product improvement projects.
* Proficiency in 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks strongly preferred).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be ready, willing and able to travel to domestic and international vendors to discuss technical issues.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..